1,092 results
All reviews the manager's reception the managers made to order omelets omelet station happy hour living room auburn hills free drinks family reunion great place to stay breakfast buffet beds were very comfortable hot tub the breakfast area business travel somerset mall atrium
Reviewed 26 August 2018

This is a large Embassy Suites property typical of the 1980's-era atrium-style found in most ES hotels. The hotel shows its age with a fair amount of wear and tear, dated fixtures and furnishings, and worn/stained/dirty carpets both in common areas and in my room. There was a large hole in the ceiling at the top of the elevators covered with a tarp or something. The cooling system in the room couldn't get below about 68 or so, even when set to 65. The floor in the room had uneven portions. The bed was not the most comfortable. I found the room was quiet, breakfast was above average, and all the staff I interacted with were professional and friendly. I did not have any menu items from the restaurant nor did I use the pool or exercise facilities. The elevators were fast, and with three in operation, there was never a long wait. I had booked a room with two double beds, and the beds were indeed doubles, not queen-sized. When I checked in via the app, I had very limited options when choosing available rooms. Not sure if that's because there was limited availability or the hotel only has a handful of these room types. Hopefully the property will invest in refurbishing the guest rooms. They need an updated decor to stay competitive.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear ajnuff,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the conditions encountered throughout and for the uncomfortable bed in your room. We will address your comments with our maintenance and housekeeping teams as we work to improve our guest experience. Your input is genuinely helpful, as it is the first step in identifying areas where we can better our guest services. We hope you will come visit us in the future.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

I should have known from the first impression I was left with when I first entered the hotel. The carpet/rugs in the lobby were plagued with stains and filth. I would be embarrassed to have my guests greeted by this. The towels in my room had hairs in them. The bathroom was not clean. The nightstand by my bed was never cleaned as it had food/drink residue on it. While this hotel is in need of a makeover at least keep it clean. As a Hilton's Honor member this is by far the dirtiest Hilton property that I have stayed at. This property is one of the very few that have disappointed.

No need for a cookie cutter response.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear JoshHHM,

We are very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserved during your recent stay. Please know that the problems encountered are not typical of our hotel and staff and will be addressed accordingly to avoid recurrence for future guests. As well, we want to note that our response to your review is genuine, and we hope you will consider staying with us again soon so we may have the opportunity to display our true Hamptonality.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

Front desk did not care at all that we waited 90 minutes to check inWhen I called to complain about the beds and pullout couch, there solution was extra blankets to lay on.On my profile it’s states room not to be near elevator but our room was directly across 3 elevators.There was no compassion that we had 4 people in the room and none of us were able to be comfortable.And I paid $189 US a night to be uncomfortable!!!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Sara M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear rmaiurro,

Thank you for the review and your business.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

We came down for the Dream Cruise and had a wonderful stay at this hotel. We have stayed here before and are always impressed with the wonderful service provided to us
by Gola at the hotel bar. We will be back again!

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Michael B,

Thank you so much for the excellent review. We appreciate all the feedback about your experience. I will be sure to share this review with the associates.

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

This is by far the most disgusting and outdated Embassy Suites I’ve ever spent a night in. Our sheets were filthy and covered in little black hairs (literally) upon arrival. Our “clean” replacement sheets were delivered folded up and upon unfolding to put on the bed ourselves, we discovered a big stain right in the center. Our tub was clogged and we stood in 4-6 inches of water when showering. The furniture and decor is severely dated and needs a huge improvement. So disappointed in this property.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Casey S,

Thank you for your review. I apologize that we did not provide excellent service during your stay. We will take your comments under consideration to improve our guest experience in the future. Thank you for the review and your business.