1,091 results
All reviews the manager's reception the managers made to order omelets omelet station happy hour living room auburn hills free drinks family reunion great place to stay breakfast buffet beds were very comfortable hot tub the breakfast area business travel somerset mall atrium
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Requested early check in & late checkout both were given. Hotel was clean and staff very courteous. Located in office/business park so not a lot of scenery but very quiet evening & weekends. Rooms clean and roomy. Manager's evening reception & morning breakfast very good. Pool area was hot temperature wise. Overall very good experience. Would choose again if traveling to Detroit area.

Room Tip: Top floor on hotel full capacity days needs patience for elevator travel
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ivory L M
Sara M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear Ivory LM,

Thank you so much for the excellent review. We appreciate all the feedback about your experience. I will be sure to share this review with the associates.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

For several years, when working in the Troy area, I stayed at Embassy Suites! The rooms and restaurant/bar areas were excellent, the pool and workout areas were delightful and the staff amazing! I felt as if I was treated like a loved member of the family. If only there were more hotels like this one!

Stayed: September 2017

Dear sandymcclurg,

Reviewed 6 August 2018

You know what you are going to get at an ES, and this one is pretty much the same as the rest. What makes it outstanding is the staff. They were so friendly and seemed genuinely glad I was there. The lobby and the room were very clean.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear screenname000,
Thank you so much for the detailed review. We appreciate all the feedback about your experience. I will be sure to share this review with the associates.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Location
The hotel is located in the middle of a office/business park area. There is not much around, with a small square with different shops and some restaurants about 5 min drive or 15-20 mins walk from the hotel. However this has to be the largest Embassy Suite that I have been to in the US. The hotel is about 20 mins from Auburn Hills/Great Lakes Outlet mall.

Check In
Arrived late afternoon and unfortunately the hotel was having issues with the keycard system, therefore the line checking in was 5-6 person deep and each person took more than 5 mins to complete the registration. Due to this, the only way for guests to enter their room was with the master card, and therfore, each guests were being brought to their room by a staff. Despite this, the staff was still calm, friendly and apologetic of the situation. It took me about 30 mins before I reached my room, but this was understandable.

Room
I was given a room on the 6th floor, a one bed room suite. Room was spacious and clean. I would say it was your typical Embassy Suite room. Room was facing some office buildings and the highway. The noise insolation seems good as I was too much disturbed by the sounds of cars from the highway from the bed room.
The living room was facing the foyer of the hotel, which here the noise insulation was slightly worst, as you could hear the noise from guests down in the middle of the foyer where the bar/restaurant is located. Not a real problem if you have the TV on and from the bedroom, you don't hear this.
Bathroom was of normal size with a good water pressure and temperature control. Amenities was the usual Neutrogena brand.
Due to the issue with the keycard system, wifi did not initally work, but later when this was fixed, internet speed is ok. As an Elite member, did get the premium speed after logging into with your HHonors login.
Sleep was good, though the walls are rather thin as I could hear in the beginning my neighbours bed creaking. The same later in the morning. (Since mine was a connecting room with the connecting door, I could hear most of my neighbours conversation when in the living room).
There is a TV in the living room and smaller one in the bed room.

Dining
The evening Manager Receptions was once of the more luxurious one's that I've experience from drinks choices point of view, they had about 5-6 different cocktails, wines, beers and non-alcoholic drinks. Each guests are limited to 3 cockatils where they mark it on a card provided at check-in. However from food point, it was very limited with nuts/chips and vegtables sticks.
During my stay, the hotel was very full, so lines for the drinks at the bar was rather long from the start of the reception and did shorten later closer to the end of the reception hour. Did not try the food, so not sure of the quality, but for the drinks, it was good, in fact much better than at times what you pay at bars.

Breakfast had a good spread and the omelet station was very good.

In general, most of the staff were friendly and always ready to help. Only small comment is that outside of my room, there were dishes and glasses left which should have been picked up, but until the next day, nothing was cleared up. Saw quite a number of rooms with these utensils left outside and not picked up. Not that this bothered me, but still leaving it overnight does not reflect well.

Overall
Overall an OK hotel with friendly staff. The manager reception (which was also during the weekends) was good and breakfast spread was good. Besides the few small noise related incidents, I would stay again at the property if I am in the area. Usual elite benefits.
Also one of the more unique Embassy suite that I've stayed in with a large foyer which I normally only experience at properties outside of the US or in major US cities and the more full service hotels, e.g. like Hilton.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Sara M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear nldogbert,

Thank you so much for the detailed review. We appreciate all the feedback about your experience. I will be sure to share this review with the associates so we can address anything items that needs imporvoment. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a poor representation of the Embassy Suites brand. I've stayed in this line of hotels in many location, and I was satisfied with all the other embassy suites but I would not stay in this one again. First impression of the lobby was that it was dirty, their light yellow carpet looked like it had been used as a welcome mat it was filthy, walls were scuffed and dirty.

I was hoping our room would be cleaner but I was mistaken. Dust all over the furniture, the furniture was all chipped, the floors looked like they hadn't been fully vacuumed, and our sheets were dingy.

Overall impression was that this hotel was starting to look run down and minimally cleaned. I would NOT stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Hello cristinasorina,

Thank you for the review. I appreciate the candid response, we are starting a renovation this fall. Thank you for the business and the review.