“Great pizza!”

Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This is a great place to go for awesome pizza, breadsticks, and salad. Most of the other entrée items we’ve tried are just OK.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

My father and I went there after going to the Auto Show in Detroit. I love the broccoli cheese bites. Amazing. A must restaurant. YUMMY!!!!!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 27 May 2018

Wow! The rude treatment by the Alibi manager was unacceptable and unbelievable!
My husband and I have always loved the food at the Alibi, especially the pizza and salads, and we have frequented this establishment many times. The Alibi’s normal Sunday opening time is 1:00 P.M. We walked into the restaurant at 2:50. We were distracted and unaware that their hours were changed that day because of Memorial weekend. Yes, there was a sign posted out front that we did not see. The hostess greeted us in a friendly manner and said that they were not really opened for ten more minutes, but said she could seat us, and we could wait. Two minutes later, the hostile manager came to our table and harshly scolded us saying “I don’t know how you got in here, but we are not open, and you cannot stay here.” As we calmly explained to him that we walked in and the hostess seated us, she came running up and told him that she did indeed seat us. Without saying another word to us, he took her aside, and we watched as he proceeded to scold her. Several of the wait staff came out and stared at us, and we were feeling very uncomfortable. After debating with my husband about leaving, after such rude treatment, the friendly waitress (Lori) suddenly appeared to take our order. We stayed and ate (Shame on us!), but felt uncomfortable, berated, and regretful the entire time. After leaving, we made a pact that we will NEVER allow a restaurant to treat us this rudely and disrespectfully again. We should have left!
Bye bye Alibi!!!
Tina and Dan Weathers

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 17 May 2018

I first had a takeout Alibi pizza in 1973, when they were located in the white clapboard house that is shown on their current menus. It was good then, and very good now. On a business trip to Detroit a few years ago I decided to re-visit them, and was surprised to see their current restaurant, and the line of patrons waiting to be seated. My colleague and I ordered the fried mushrooms, a large Greek salad, and a large supreme pizza. All courses were absolutely perfect. I have eaten there a number of times on subsequent trips, ordering the same three items, and all were flawless. The decor is cozy, the waitresses are friendly and efficient, and the adult beverages served in their bar soothes the wait for a table. Recommended.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 30 April 2018

This place is a Rochester landmark...long known for their incredible pizza pie. Nothing like it. Best Snickers ice cream pie as well, served with hot fudge and caramel.

Date of visit: February 2018

Been to Alibi? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK