“Great room and friendly greeting”
Review of The Met Troy

and 1 more site!
The Met Troy
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Windsor, Canada
“Great room and friendly greeting”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

This was our 2nd stay at The Met. We had Groupons for both stays. Our check in was quick and efficient with a warm welcome from the desk staff. The room was large and clean and the bathroom was spotless, although a bit small. One of the true benefits of this hotel is its location for shoppers. Within a few miles drive there is Somerset (very very upscale), Oakland Mall, Great Lakes Crossing (outlets), Costco, Meijer and Target. There are many many more but I think you get the idea. There isn't much within walking distance, although the Red Robin (great burgers) is. This property is definitely worth it's 3 stars.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
MichaelWitoszynski, General Manager at The Met Troy, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be friendly and our rooms to be clean and spacious. I hope you enjoyed your shopping weekend, and we hope to have you back again soon at the MET!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Twin Cities, USA
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Was in town on business. Decided to try out The Met. Very happy I decided to stay.
Large room with a king size bed, free wireless internet. Excellent clean pool area, very nice gym with sauna, and a quiet business office with computer, scanner/printer/copier connected to the internet.

Shopping/eating is 2miles to the South on Big Beaver Rd. Everything not at the hotel is easily found there.

Enjoyed my stay! When in town, will stay again! I've spent far more and gotten much less, in many other hotels. This is an excellent place to try.

Room Tip: Honestly, I don't know how you could go wrong. There were so many rooms available I felt like a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
MichaelWitoszynski, General Manager at The Met Troy, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much! Our indoor pool & gym have been very popular through these winter months, and I'm so glad you got to enjoy it. We look forward to your next stay at The MET!
Brighton, Michigan
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Had a Groupon to use - planned to take my teen shopping at nearby Sommerset Mall. The location allows minimal road noise. Updated bedding - it appears they have remodeled the first floor and updated things. Friendly staff. Parked right outside our room. Light breakfast (bagels, fruit, juice, coffee, cereal) was just what we'd expect with a continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Our room was on the outer side (hotel is built in a curve). It was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nah1963
MichaelWitoszynski, General Manager at The Met Troy, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Thank you for your review of the MET Hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to have you again soon at the MET!
Lima, OH
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed overnight for one night. Rooms were not bad. It seems that this place was a big deal for business travelers in the 90's and not much has changed since then. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. An update to the old floral bedspead, large and unattractive furniture, and a new tv would make a world of difference. The lobby area of the hotel was very modern and appealing. Staff were friendly at check in. The breakfast was a laugh. It included toast, english muffins, and mini bagels. Only condiments available were butter, grape jelly, and cream cheese. When complaining to management about this his excuse was they tried cereal but ended up throwing milk away, same arguement about oatmeal. I'm not sure how long it takes oatmeal to expire, but I would imagine if you bought a box of $3 oatmeal packets and set it out, customers would use it up before it expires. It seemed like they did only the bare minimum when a little extra effort wouldn't have had much cost and customers would have been much happier. There were others in the breakfast area that also were complaining. It seems like the MET has seen it's hayday and they don't seem very interested in ever getting it back. The stay was ok, like I said, but I think I will be looking for somewhere else next time I'm in Detroit.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
MichaelWitoszynski, General Manager at The Met Troy, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our property, specifically the continental breakfast. We have been offering some light options for our travelers, and perhaps we need to add a few more items to make more of our guests happy. Thank you for your response, constructive comments like yours help us to identify where we need to make improvements. Our entire staff is working hard to improve every aspect of The MET, and as the days go on I assure you that more improvements will be made.
michigan
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We really enjoyed the pool, but this is not a 3 1/2 out of 5 as Expedia would have you believe. This isn't necessarily the fault of the hotel. Per Expedia 3 1/2 stars would be much like a Marriott or embassy suites, let me assure you this is not the case. I got a fantastic rate of $53 per night and at that price I'm okay with the MET, but my expectations were much higher than what I received. The halls were freezing cold and after a dip in the pool with my son it was a frigid trek back to the room. The bed was uncomfortable, the furniture was old and the carpet was stained and coming unglued. I am not a snob, I've stayed in much worse and enjoyed it just fine, but when you're expecting Marriott and you get MET, it is disappointing. The hotel is very large, I can't imagine the cost to update it, but if it were updated it is a great location for a weekend of shopping.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
MichaelWitoszynski, General Manager at The Met Troy, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
I'm sorry to hear that your stay at The MET didn't quite meet expectations. We are taking your comments into account so that we can continue to improve our property. Feedback like yours is helping us stay on track and helping us to identify where we need to make improvements. In the future, we will make sure that the heating better fits the needs of our guests to assure that we make your stay completely enjoyable. Thank you for your response

Travellers are raving about these Troy hotels