“Great atmosphere, very good food”

Polka Restaurant & Beer Cafe
Ranked #40 of 301 Restaurants in Troy
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere is very European. With murals on the wall, lighted ceiling over the bar, and high definition screen showing pictures of Poland.

I had the pork schnitzel. The serving was huge. My wife had the pierogi with a side of kapusta, my sister had the beef tips. We all enjoyed our meal very much and vowed to come back.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The decor of this restaurant is very cute, ethnic and comfortable. We sat at a table that had chairs that usually would be around a dining table at home! The waitress are dressed in Polish attire. The food is very good. I had the Polish combo ($16.00); was delicious and I took half of it home! They have a room set apart but open to view the restaurant which seats approximately 16 -18 people (for a more private affair).

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We thought that this restaurant was absolutely terrific. From the moment we walked in, we were taken to our seat and our server greeted us right away. She brought a basket with some European style rolls and a plate with slices of sausage and pickles. We ordered some starters and thought they were great. I got the combo platter and added a company chicken. Outstanding!! We will definitely be returning to this place very soon. It is also very large restaurant!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We had good service, good food and a friendly waitress to boot. We will be going there again soon. Did I mention the prices were very good too

Reviewed 22 March 2018

The 4 rating might be a tad high, but I have hope that this very new place will improve. Everything we had was good, not great.

The pros: good beer selection including on tap. good prices, good menu selection, bright cheerful decor even if a bit cheesy, dill pickle soup was great

The cons: no duck blood soup, sampler plate was okay, but 1/2 sausages!, the kapusta seemed like it was cooked to death and small portion, some of the food was lukewarm