“Brazilian BBQ Is The Best!!!”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 302 Restaurants in Troy
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 49
Description: Fogo de Chão is an authentic Brazilian steakhouse, or churrascaria, which has specialized in fire-roasting high-quality meats for almost 40 years utilizing the centuries-old Southern Brazilian cooking technique of churrasco. Fogo offers guests a wide variety of simply seasoned meats, that are carefully fire-roasted to expose their natural flavors, including the house specialty picanha sirloin, filet mignon, ribeye, and lamb chops to name a few.
Reviewed 7 December 2017

If you've never been to a churrascaria, you're missing out on a fine dining experience. Think BBQ, think buffet, think delicious! The pao de queijo is one of the best dinner rolls you'll ever have. It's a cheese infused tapioca flour roll. The picanha is my favorite meat that is carved off of the grilling skewers at your table. This place had about a dozen different cuts of beef, lamb, chicken, and pork.

The service was good, the atmosphere light and crisp, the food was endless.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

If you were to tell someone that you're going to a restaurant on your own alone not only on a holiday but also on your birthday many folks would probably think that you have lost your marbles. However this Fogo de Chao and Troy Michigan goes above and beyond to not only make you feel welcome but to make you feel special. Please understand my background I've been to three different Fogo de Chao house the one in Texas the one in Hollywood and the one in Florida. I know there branding and I know that they offer consistently great cuts of beef and meat at a reasonable price. But I think the reason why I wanted to review this Fogo de Chao was because this restaurant I visited on Thanksgiving Day but not only Thanksgiving day but my 40th birthday from the moment that I walked in and sat at the bar to the moment that I walked out of the restaurant they made me feel special the food was always is always amazing very consistent the cuts of beef especially the garlic beef is amazing and the ribs are very well seasoned and of course my personal favorite is the polenta the fried polenta is amazing. However, everyone from the manager 2 the wait staff were attentive and for people to be attentive on a holiday with many customers that stands out to me the restaurant manager Menard as well as Josh both came over to the table to make sure that I was taken care of and individually made sure that I had the wine selection and plenty of polenta! The waiters and wait staff in general from Dominique to Anna and everyone in between we're not just a tentative but constantly looking to make sure that I was smiling and having a great time which this was the kickoff to my 40th birthday weekend and they completely made it a success and did I mention I was sitting completely alone on my own but they did not make me feel like I was by myself they made me feel welcome and loved and you can't really say that from any restaurants. As someone who has Patron restaurants all across the world and in particular Brazilian restaurants all across the United States I can honestly say this Fogo de Chao in Michigan is top-notch. Now for those of us who have visited many Fogo de Chao throughout the United States this Ambience is going to be different for you they actually play jazz and not Motown music but I would say maybe old Motown music so that will be a change most of us who have frequented Fogo de Chao know that they tend to be very somber no music playing and if they do have music playing its classical however remember this is Detroit. The individuals that are running or managing this Fogo de Chao are based originally from the Midwest and those of us who are midwesterners know that when we go out to eat in the midwest we like to hear good music especially when it comes to the holiday season so for those of us who are used to frequenting Fogo de Chao and used to a more somber refined atmosphere this Fogo de Chao will be a different take for you but I can honestly tell you the food is consistent and if you love The polenta and the plantains you won't be disappointed just ask them to keep sending them to you hot and fresh! This one is a winner

Reviewed 21 November 2017

I've had good experiences at Fogos in Miami Beach, Boston and Chicago. I was disappointed here for many reasons. First, all the meats were over-salted. To the positive, they did not hide the best cuts. Second, service was slow. I had to ask twice for potatoes and then did not get the fried bananas and yucca that came to every other table. We ordered second cocktais and then had to postpone our departure while we waited for them. Lastly, the decor at the other Fogos was over the top beautiful...especially the elaborate flowers. Here, they were hohum. I'd probably give the place another chance, but this visit was not great.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Everyone on the staff was super friendly, the bacon at the salad bar is to die for, and the meats are cooked to perfection! The bacon wrapped chicken was by far my favorite. Having only been open a few days we were expecting everyone to be a little new and unsure but they really came through with their great service!

Reviewed 11 November 2017

I've been waiting to try a churassco but none are in the Troy/Rochester area. Took my wife out for b'day dinner on Thursday.

Never having been to a Braziliam steakhouse, I only had an inkling of what goes on. You can find plenty of postings and Youtube videos that tell you what to expect.

First, it's fun to try new places and new foods. This is no place for vegetarians!!! The menu consists off meat...all different kinds of meat. The servers bring skewers of tenderloins, sirloin, flank and maybe six others plus lamb, pork and chicken. They slice off thin slices and go away. You can find this info all over the internet.

Fogo had some of the best tasting meat between here and Buenos Aires.

Go light on the salad bar (which was excellent). Do not fill up your plates with some really great food...but take a taste. The Soup Bar was okay, but I wasn't here for the soup.

The servers/gauchos explained each cut and the waiters were friendly and efficient.

Wine list was geared to South American wines and there wasn't any really outstanding bottles (Wednesday, the bottles are 50% off).

The food was super. The meat was way above good.. Looking forward to another visit.

They do have sea bass as an alternative.

Been to Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK