“Excellent experience”

20:00
Ranked #2 of 335 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Big Beaver
Description: Ocean Prime is an award winning modern American restaurant and lounge from renowned restaurateur Cameron Mitchell. With stunning settings, a vibrant energy, an impressive menu of seafood and steaks and truly exceptional service, Ocean Prime is an ideal place to socialize, talk business, celebrate and indulge.
Reviewed 5 July 2022 via mobile

Excellent experience. Ally the server was top notch. So was Steve the manager. Food was incredible. Atmosphere was great.

Date of visit: June 2022
Write a reviewReviews (411)

Reviewed 18 April 2022

My husband, daughter, son-in-law and I ate at Ocean Prime in Troy tonight for the first time. My mom had died earlier in the day and I needed to get out of the house. This choice of where to go for dinner turned out to be the best ever! The food, from appetizer to dessert, was luxuriously scrumptious and the service was impeccable. Was it pricey? Yes. Was it worth it? Yes! Come here for outstanding flavor and service and when you need to be pampered. They comped us two free desserts since it was our first time and we were quite vocal to the servers about our delight in the quality of the food.

Date of visit: April 2022
1  Thank lindasK6669GT
Reviewed 26 December 2021 via mobile

Ambiance is good but the lack of a dress code takes away from the potential elegance. The food and wine list is however excellent.

Date of visit: November 2021
Reviewed 23 December 2021

Last night we celebrated two birthdays which come one day apart at Ocean Prime.
The whole experience was extremely satisfying. The food was excellent and the service was first class. Our server Shawniqua was a birthday gift to us. Not only did she provide excellent service, but we found out what a thoughtful person she was as she described her trip to Guatamala to help deal with the poverty of that country.
It was a perfect evening aided by our meeting this lovely person. As an aside, our eighty-five year old friend Dave ate every bit of his salmon after finishing a bowl of onion soup. He hasnt eaten that much in a few years and he very approvingly said
how he enjoyed his meal.
For that special celebration we highly recommend this well run restaurant. Happy holidays to all.

Date of visit: December 2021
Reviewed 29 November 2021

The restaurant and service was great as usual. However, I am very disappointed as I purchased 2 gift cards for us. The manager told us they did not work. At first I thought I might have been de-frauded, but I purchased them from the Ocean Prime site. I don't think the manager did enough to verify them and we ended up paying the full fare. Since i only go once a year as a special occasion, this was upsetting.
However, I'm even more upset that no one at corporate has called me back on this. I have left 2 messages. I just emailed as well. At this point, I just want a refund and we will take our business elsewhere.

Date of visit: November 2021