“5 Stars! ”

Ocean Prime Detroit
Ranked #2 of 338 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Big Beaver
Description: Nationally acclaimed, modern American restaurant and lounge known for its stunning settings, impressive menu of seafood and steak, and private dining options.
Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

Excellent service and food! The Ahi Tuna tar tar appetizer was probably the best appetizer I've ever had. I had the house salad and 8oz filet and the bf had loaded baked potato and chilean sea bass. Both were delicious! Expensive but we'll worth it. Oh and the bread was delicious too.

Date of visit: April 2016

Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

We went to OP for my wifes birthday with another couple. Service was awesome, food was great as well. The specialty drinks we ordered were good as well. My wife had scallops with risotto and the scallops were cooked perfectly. My steak was prepared just the way I asked for it and the blue cheese topping was great. Music in the bar was amazing. I thought the music was being fed in. I was suprised to see a singer. Awesome night overall.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 28 March 2016

We dined here during restaurant week! They had a special 3 course deal Salad, Entree and Dessert. The rating would have been excellent except I did not like the Ocean Prime House Salad. Despite the varied ingredients I could only really taste the walnuts and the dressing. That said everything else was exceptional!. Great wait staff, very attentive and in abundance. There are only four booths in the restaurant. Upon entering behind the host station you get a up close view of their wine selection. They have two private dining areas. The bar is huge-bar stools and tables. I was very impressed with the decor. They a have very nice outdoor area with a fire pit. We dined on the house salad, Teriyaki Salmon and the Ten Layer Coconut Cake. Unless you get a special meal price expect to pay top dollar to dine here.

Reviewed 22 March 2016

There are some good and bad things about this restaurant.

Good:
Sea Bass was excellent. It was cooked in perfection! Just for this Sea Bass, I may go back there again.
Dessert. We ordered Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie to go, and it was actually very good!

Bad:
Even with a reservation, we had to wait 30 minutes until being seated. They need to improve their reservation system.
Music was a bit too loud. I would prefer soft classical or jazz music in this environment.

So So:
Appetizers, salad, and side dishes were just OK. Did not meet our expectation.
Front desk and waiters - they were OK, but not courtesy enough for this type of restaurant.

Conclusion - Fish and dessert were great! but this restaurant has a room for improvement.

1  Thank APLING
Reviewed 20 March 2016

We went there for lunch because of the special menu forTroy Restaurantweek! really enjoyed our dining experience here. The food was fabulous! I had Pecan Trout and my wife had salmon. We both had french onion soup and the carrot cake! The service was flawless. Even though it was already busy at 11:30am the waiter treated us like we were his private guests? If you are looking for a very pricy upscale place to take someone...this is the place. They will be impressed!