“Awesome and memorable experience!”

Ocean Prime Detroit
Reserve a table
Wed, 05/10
20:00
Ranked #2 of 335 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Big Beaver
Description: Nationally acclaimed, modern American restaurant and lounge known for its stunning settings, impressive menu of seafood and steak, and private dining options.
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My fiancé and I recently relocated to the area and he picked out Ocean Prime for my birthday celebration. It was such a great experience. They acknowledged my birthday early on, which I appreciated! The meal was phenomenal. It started with warm sourdough bread and we had a very spicy calamari dish to start. We ignored the waitress and went for the peppers and it was worth it. I ordered the dual lobster tails with a side of truffle fries...yum!!!! Then for dessert the waitress let us order dessert and said it was on her (don't you hate it when other restaurants bring out a free dessert you don't want!). We had the butter cake which was just as good as everything else. To top everything off the decor in this restaurant is chic and beautiful. One last small point that went a long way with us, they did not have an older vintage of wine that was available on the menu for cheaper than the later vintage. They gave the later vintage to us and charged us the reduced price without saying anything. Class act. We will be back!!

Date of visit: July 2013
Write a reviewReviews (411)

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Went to dinner on a Thursday with a reservation for 6:00/had to push it back to 6:30 without any problem. Seated promptly with a party of four. Recognized a special occasion and service was great. Visited by the executive chef prior to ordering. Ordered items included the house salad, the wedge, and the Lobster Bisque. All were very good. Two had the filet, one the crab cakes and another the ribeye. All cooked to order and the meat was melt in your mouth. The jalepeno augratin potatoes are a must have. We were given a free dessert because of the occasion and we split the carrot cake which was enough for four. This is not an inexpensive restaurant, but well worth it for an occasional visit. Would highly recommend it for both the food and service. The outside patio looked very interesting. When leaving the place was full.

Date of visit: June 2013
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I eat here several times a month. You could classify me as addicted. I've had private events here too. The food never gets old and it is consistently amazing. I could eat the white truffle caviar deviled eggs, surf n turf (sea scallops and braised short ribs), and chilean sea bass every day. I have tried just about everything on the menu and I have not been disappointed. Additional standout menu items include: lobster bisque, goat cheese ravioli, yellowfin tuna, sea scallops, filet, and the chocolate peanut butter pie. If you love carrot cake, you must order it here. It is award winning! Ok, I don't know if it has actually won any awards, but it should! I can't say enough about the superior service. It is another reason that I continue to come back.

Date of visit: April 2013
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Very nice sea bass - great use of truffles - and a nice family or business meal exprience - ok wine list

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed 17 May 2013

My wife asked if we could test this restaurant out so I said what the heck. Service was excellent, and so were the drinks. The bartenders were soo friendly & never showed that they were too busy to hold a good conversation. Their knowledge of food & drinks was impressive, and I'm a hard person to impress. They always had the answer. VERY rare in today's society. This restaurant was a tad bit loud for my tastes but the cleanliness, quality of service and overall elegance of the place overshadows that, & whenever we have an opportunity to go out & relax for an evening, we always try our hardest to find an excuse to stop into Ocean Prime :)
Going there again next week. Can't wait.

Date of visit: February 2013