This hotel located across the street from the Beach State Park and Waterfront in Traverse City is perfect for quick access to the beach (it's across the street).
Service: The young lady who checked us in the evening we arrived was very nice and professional, but there was just something missing. Asked for a Non Smoking room and they didn't have one, so we spent 3 nights in a smoking room. Breakfast person was very friendly and provided great service. You can tell it was towards the end of the "season" and as in most tourist towns, the staff can be tired of being nice all summer.
Hotel: The room we were in was a smoking room, so we proceeded to do our best to make do. The furniture and fixtures in the room were dirty and was in bad need of a deep cleaning. Some of this can be pawned off on the smoke, but this went a little further.
Indoor pool and hot tub were both in great shape, parking lot was clean and well maintained, etc.
Breakfast: I don't care how bad anything is in this hotel, you just can't screw up breakfast! Thus, breakfast was a hit!
Overall, I'll stay somewhere else next time, but if your cruising through and need a place to sleep and move on the next day, stay. If your there for more then 1 night, I think there are better options in the area. With a lot of cleaning and a little more attention to customer service, they can improve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn Traverse City hotel, set in the heart of Traverse City, an area which features over 180 miles of beautiful Lake Michigan shoreline and 149 lakes. In our area, you'll find great train rides, beaches, museums, skiing, shopping, wineries and golf. Visit the freshwater beaches of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore— the sand and clear water will amaze those who've only known saltwater beaches.Venture to Old Mission Village, founded by a missionary in 1839. Still an active community, the village retains many of the original structures, including a general store, Congregational church and mission house.Stay in a warm, comfy guest room at this Traverse City hotel, and enjoy a great night’s sleep on a clean and fresh Hampton bed®. Start each day refreshed with Hampton’s free hot breakfast or simply grab one of our free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday through Friday for a quick, healthy meal to go. Swim laps in the hotel’s large indoor swimming pool or work out in the fitness center with a range of cardio machines. Stay on top of work in the business center, fully equipped with printing, faxing and photocopying services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Traverse City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Traverse City Hotel Traverse City
- Traverse City Hampton Inn