Heard the reports of a 10" snowstorm approaching and I decided to lock down a room at Hampton Inn that is located across the street from the park and southern end of the west arm of Traverse Bay. Hotel was empty when I checked in. The pool was closed for scheduled maintenance as well as the sauna ... the hotel arranged reciprocity with a nearby resort but I did not choose to take advantage of that feature. Not walking distance but, close enough to the downtown district for restaurants and taverns ... the nights I was there were the last for Restaurant Week and I enjoyed a couple of venues in two night stay. I did not have a refrigerator or microwave in my room, however they do provide rooms so outfitted. I checked in on Friday night ... Saturday morning breakfast was quiet ... then all the local folks without power checked in and the place was a zoo for Saturday night and Sunday. I had a good time. The breakfasts were not as good as some of the Hamptons, however still provided a filling meal and included waffles, fruit, oatmeal, juices, breads, and the coffee/tea bar that is always open. Hampton Inn in Traverse City is a nice place to stay with friendly staff and nice facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn Traverse City hotel, set in the heart of Traverse City, an area which features over 180 miles of beautiful Lake Michigan shoreline and 149 lakes. In our area, you'll find great train rides, beaches, museums, skiing, shopping, wineries and golf. Visit the freshwater beaches of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore— the sand and clear water will amaze those who've only known saltwater beaches.Venture to Old Mission Village, founded by a missionary in 1839. Still an active community, the village retains many of the original structures, including a general store, Congregational church and mission house.Stay in a warm, comfy guest room at this Traverse City hotel, and enjoy a great night’s sleep on a clean and fresh Hampton bed®. Start each day refreshed with Hampton’s free hot breakfast or simply grab one of our free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday through Friday for a quick, healthy meal to go. Swim laps in the hotel’s large indoor swimming pool or work out in the fitness center with a range of cardio machines. Stay on top of work in the business center, fully equipped with printing, faxing and photocopying services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Hotels.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Traverse City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Traverse City Hotel Traverse City
- Traverse City Hampton Inn