“Doubt we'll be back”

Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 22
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Traditional Mexican and Latin American specialties served in a fun, lively and festive setting. Featuring the finest and largest selection of Tequila in the North and Michigan's best Margaritas.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm sure this place remains attractive because of the convenience near hotels but we were pretty disappointed. Sat on the patio and our one waitress bounced between six or seven tables, messing up orders. While we sat there they gave away free food to three of the tables around us! My margarita and steak/mushroom fajitas were great, just took forever to arrive. Husband ordered whitefish fajitas because they sounded interesting and while the fish was good, the veggies with it were so spicy he could hardly eat them. We felt meals were a bit pricey - $18 - $20 for the fajitas was NOT worth it.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We didn't know where to go for dinner and saw the Mesa Grill - We found the service was excellent, our server was very polite. My husband had the ribeye and he thought it was delicious with a perfect sauce. I had the Poblano and they prepared it just right, a soft roasted pepper (not hard) with a delicious stuffing.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed ourselves and the food. The house margarita and the pork nachos were especially memorable. Very good customer service as well. We would go there again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just got back to our room after having dinner at the Red Messa Grill. I had the grouper taco which was very good, the fish pieces were crunchy on the outside and flakey on the inside and the sauce complimented it very nicely. My husband had the 3 taco combo (beef, chicken, pork) and said they were good. Both orders came with a side of beans and red rice. The beans were just ok and obviously came from a can & the rice was pretty bland.
As for the service, we sat at our table for 10 minutes before being acknowledged and were given some chips and salsa (pretty good). Our waiter took our drink and dinner order at that time, we also requested a glass of water. It was another 10-15 minutes before he brought the water and said our drinks would be right out. We waited and waited and finally got our drinks at the same time as our dinner. Our waiter apologized several times and saying they were just swamped, but they weren't full and waiting that long was a bit much. I felt sorry for the table next to us because their children were getting restless waiting so long.
As for the drinks, I had the black cherry margarita which was very good, a nice blend of sweet and tart. My husband had a regular margarita and that was very good also.
All in all, I would probably give them another chance.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We visited for dinner one night. It was near our hotel and seemed to have pretty good reviews. Chips and salsa were very good. I had the black bean patties. The description made them sound wonderful, with sides of rice and vegetables. In reality, they were small, rather dry, and lacked much flavor. Very small portions of rice and greasy vegetables. Husband had jerk fish tacos. He said the seasoning was good. Average margarita.