“Best Burger I've Ever Had”
Review of poppycocks

poppycocks
Ranked #15 of 303 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 28
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Casual DOWNTOWN restaurant offering New American inspired cuisine. Eclectic specials, fresh seafood, pasta, unique sandwiches and salads, vegetarian specialties and award-winning desserts. Emphasis on fresh, local products. Live jazz on Friday and Saturdays. Full bar with extensive martini menu, wines by the glass, and unique craft beers on tap,
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Best Burger I've Ever Had”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stopped in at Poppycock's for lunch and tried the Rice Farm's Burger. This burger is quite possibly the best burger ever made. The meat was perfectly cooked and obviously high quality. I opted for sauteed mushrooms and provolone to top it off. SO GOOD! Service was great and the value was not bad for such a great lunch. I wouldn't bring my kids to this restaurant, but I wouldn't say you couldn't, especially for lunch.

• Visited July 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Best Meal of our Trip!”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

One of the employees at 45 North Winery recommended this place and we were thrilled with our meal. The atmosphere is very quiet and comfortable, wait-staff was courteous and professional. We came early and were seated quickly. We had a lovely appetizer with sweet potato and black bean and were also impressed with the fairly large vegetarian/vegan selection the menu offered. I had a wonderful stuffed squash with a saffron sauce that was incredible and my husband had the corn cakes which he also found to be delicious. The desserts looked mouth-watering, but we didn't have a big enough appetite to enjoy them......will save room the next time!

Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
“Totally Yummy!”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Tried twice to get into Apache Grill but the wait was well over 1.5 hours . Decided on Poppycocks with 3 children (11,9,&7) and we were not disappointed! The drinks were amazing- appetizers ( soup trio was a hit with everyone), yellowfin tuna & crab cakes yummy! Even made my son a BLT ( not on the menu)... Music played in the background and just made for a FUN and relaxing meal. Would HIGHLY advise to go... Worth it!

Muncie, Indiana
“Worth the long wait - for the cherry crumb alone!”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We were able to skip the long wait and sit at the bar top since it was just my husband and I and we didn't need a booth or table. Martinis were wonderful, and the fresh homemade pitas with hummus and cheese were full of flavor (sometimes hummus tastes too salty, but this was not the case). We order the cherry crumb cake for dessert, and this was the highlight of our meal. If you're looking for a local cherry experience, skip the Pie Co. and get the cherry crumb here! I had both and this one was superior.

Visited July 2012
Grandville, Michigan
“What a delightful surprise!”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

The food was absolutely amazing; the depth of fresh flavors was remarkable. My sister and I both ordered vegetarian dishes and they were so delicious. Our mother had the Cherry Almond Salmon and cleaned her plate; rare for an 86 year old! Dad had the Chicken Broccoli Pasta which he also said was delicious. Our service was great, the prices are very reasonable and they offer a full bar. We will definitely go back!

Visited July 2012