“Great Stay :) Great Place for families”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My family and I went to Great Wolf Lodge for our Spring Break trip it was alot of fun for all. My son is autistic and he was a little overwhelmed at first but came around and had alot of fun what I loved was that there is something there for everyone in the family. We stayed in a Wolf Den suite which we got thanks to a great online upgrade for only an extra 18 bucks a night. I loved the room we where on the 2nd floor which was great we where on the same floor as the store, resturant, wolf walk,etc. We where very accesible to everything all the employees and even other guests where great. We also loved that our kids could both do things besides the waterpark. My daughter loved the Cub Club, Wolf Walk, and Magiquest, my son also seems to enjoy storytime and the Cub Club. We loved it so much we planned our next trip back for Mother's Day weekend and are trying to get more family members to go with us for a future trip in June or July :) great experience plus did I mention the spa was great too and my hubby found a distillery in town that he enjoyed so it was a great trip overall :)!!

Room Tip: try the online upgrade it starts at $18.00 a night its worth it to upgrade your suite!
2  Thank shan52782

Reviewed 24 April 2012

The hotel staff was pleasant as well as the water park staff. The amenities were adequate. However, the room was not very clean. The walls were kind of dirty and there was cereal on the floor under the table. The water park was fun, but not sure it was worth all the hype (or the price). My children, 11 & 13, had about all the fun they were going to have after about 4 hours. We ended up staying at another hotel (for less than 1/3 the cost) the rest of our stay and spent the money we saved doing other fun things around Traverse City.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank jr7648661
GWL_Management, General Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

I am sorry to hear that your recent stay at our lodge did not exceed your expectations. Your comments have been noted and shared with our Directory of Housekeeping.

I do appreciate the feedback and hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Kind Regards,
Chris Ballou

Reviewed 24 April 2012

We went to GWL April 13-15th, 2012 and stayed in a Wolf Den Suite. We were very disappointed! The bed had no support (it took a doctor and a chiropractor to get my back fixed). The wolf den wall paper decor was peeling off the walls. The cleaning staff never cleaned our room (no we did not have the do not disturb sign up). We found this when we returned from the water park after 8.5 hours of play. I wanted to take a shower before going out to dinner but had no towels so we called for towels and to let them know the room hadn't been cleaned. An hour later we just went to dinner without a shower because the towels still weren't delivered. Lunch for 2 kids at the water park was $27 and consisted of 2 burnt chicken tenders and a single serve pizza, some fries and sodas. All in all, I don't think we'll be going back anytime soon.

3  Thank Melissa Z

I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay. I appreciate the feedback, we will take this into consideration for future improvements to the lodge.

Your comments have been noted and will be shared with my team.

Best Wishes,
Chris Ballou

Reviewed 16 April 2012

This gwl like the others ive visited is nice, hotel staff helpful and accomodating. Woman in sales mom was in the hospital but she stayed in contact with my supervisor to ensure we had arrived safely (snow storm) from Florida. Rooms as always were amazing, plenty of free parking, hotel restsurants staff and food were above average. My bartender made me a drink not on the menu (wolf punch) wow was it amazing. There was a party for the kids at sbout 8pm and i thought i was in a club. Had it not been for the duck tales looking characters and the boatload o kids, i would have completely forgotten where i was. Lol! The waterpark is smaller than other gwl but overall still great!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank mizbeautiful
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The Room:
We stayed in a Family Suite w/ Balcony on 4/06. We arrived at about 2:30pm and our room was ready shortly after checking in. We were on the main floor with a ground level patio which faced the main parking lot, so it was easy carrying our luggage from our vehicle to our room via the sliding glass door! There we 6 of us in the room and we never seemed too crowded at any point. The beds were nothing special but did the trick, and overall the room was clean and cozy.
The Waterpark:
First of all I would suggest you bring water socks/shoes if plan on spending any time in the pool and around the basketball hoops, as the bottom is very rough and tends to cut your toes and bottom of your feet. The park wasn't as crowded as I initially feared, and the longest we waited in line for a slide was 10 minutes. Everything was clean and functional so the kids didn't miss out on ANYTHING!
Food:
We ordered pizza from the resturant in the lobby and brought it back to our room for dinner. I feel we got a pretty decent bargain and everyone liked the pizza.

Overall we had a pretty good experience and will probably return in the future.