“Fantastic !”
Review of North Shore Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Traverse City
Ranked #29 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed in a two bedroom, two bath unit (302), and it was fantastic! The unit was very clean and really nice, with two levels and two balconies overlooking the beautiful beach and Lake Michigan. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything a vacationer could possibly need. The first floor bathroom was a bit small as other guests have mentioned, but the second floor bathroom was spacious with a bathtub and shower. The staff couldn't have been better - kind and a lot of great suggestions of things to do in the area. We booked a return visit for this summer with our family in the same unit - it will easily and comfortabley sleep 6. Can't wait! We will always stay at North Shore Inn #302! Thank you for a perfect weekend away.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Kelly R
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

Hello,
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay enough to book a return summer visit! Customer service is very important to us here at the North Shore Inn so I'm very pleased to here our front desk staff was able to kindly assist you with your vacation questions. We look forward to seeing you this summer!
P: (800) 968-2365

Reviewed 17 April 2012

My brother lives in Traverse City and the whole family makes an annual visit during the summer. We always stay at the North Shore Inn because of its location. The condos are very nice, nothing to flash but it doesn't matter because we spend most of our time at the beach, in the water, in the pool or out and about in the area. We have always found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. It's also a great place to stay outside of the summer months when things are a little more quiet there.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Hello,
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review!! We are all counting down the days to summer here! I'm so happy you and your family chose to stay with us every summer! We always love to see the familiar faces! Looking forward to seeing you in the sunshine :)
Phone: (800) 968-2365

Reviewed 22 March 2012

My dad rents here for the winter season and my girlfriends and I came up for a weekend getaway. It was great! The North Shores Inn is a really nice place to stay. It was clean and quite. The casino bus came and picked us up and drop us off, although I would suggest taking a cab to the casino and the bus back. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
jean6484, Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

We are happy to hear that your recent trip to North Shore Inn was "awesome" we take pride in our guests enjoying their stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

We recently stayed here with some friends for New Year's and had two, 2 bedroom condos. Our friend's condo was very nice and had no problems at all. On the other hand, our condo had no toilet paper or soap in one bathroom and the toilet did not flush well. Also, both the TV's were the old tube type and got one fuzzy channel each. Then, we lost power (half the units lost power) and when we complained to management their response was "it was caused by a car accident down the street and wasn't their fault". Since it was cold and a severe winter storm was on it's way, they let us check one day early and we were only charged the $25 cleaning fee. I guess this was to pay for the soap and TP :-)

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank martar23
jean6484, Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank You for your review to trip advisor. We do apologize for your inconvience of the power outage on January 1st due to a transformer being struck along East Bay due to the winter storms Traverse City was experiencing. Unfortunately when something like this happens we along with other businesses have to wait for the problem to be resolved by our local utility company. Which in this case was resolved by our local utility company within a couple of hours. As for no toliet paper nor soaps in your unit. Daily maid service is given to all guests and our staff is here to make sure if there is anything needed we are always here to provide any supplies needed in your unit. We also have a policy for no refunds for unused stays. Under the circumstances when you requested to leave late in the afternnoon a day early management did honor your request. We at the North Shore inn hope you will come stay with us again.

Reviewed 7 January 2012

I love this place. In the summer I stay at the LLRV Resort in my motor home. When we go by all the motels and hotels we play a little game, (vacancy-no vacancy). I noticed the North Shore Inn was usually no vacancy. On our last visit to Traverse City I told my husband I want
to see if we can stay at the North Shore Inn to see why so many people stay there. Luck was with us. We stayed in the 1 bedroom-1 bath. Loved the room. Clean as everyone spoke of, staff was friendly, room was so cute. Lots of living space. I plan on staying there again next week. The price of the rooms you can not beat, especially for being on the water. Yes it was a stand up shower, that did not bother me at all for the price. I was thrilled with the room and I've stayed at lots of places in traverse city. Would recommend North Shore Inn to anyone. Almost did not write this review because I did not want everyone to know how great it is.

Room Tip: If you want a tub get a 2 bedroom 2 bath.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple