“Delicious - Get the word out!”
Review of Wren the Butcher

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wren the Butcher
Ranked #168 of 330 Restaurants in Traverse City
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a fantastic dinner here- everything offered sounded great, so we decided to share both the Spaetzle and Poutine dishes. Both were delicious, hearty, fresh comfort food at its finest. The homemade sausage, noodles, and deep fried smashed potatoes were all amazing. It was a joy to watch Adam prepare our meals so expertly and effortlessly while we sat at the bar. To describe the set up - there are also tables available, and you are literally steps away from Monkey Fist Brewery, so you are able to order a drink to pair with your dinner. Many reviewers mention sitting at the bar as it is the prime seat to observe Adam pursuing his passion. Get here ASAP, we can’t wait to work our way through the menu!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

A local told me HAD to stop here to eat. I ordered spaetzle and it was so good. Home made noodles, sausage, sour kraut. I wish I I lived closer so I could eat here often. Adam is an awesome chef and takes great care in what he crafts for you. Everything was fresh and tasted home made. Prices were good for the quality of what you get. All the plates I saw from customers were empty and so was mine. Well done Adam, we will be back!!

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Visited Wren the Butcher with friends and was impressed! The on-site owner makes his own sausages, brisket, pulled pork, and chicken. If you eat meat, this is a must stop in downtown TC. Located at the State St. Market, just east of the venerable Park Place Hotel, Wren shares the building with a good brewery (Monkey Fist), a burger/pizza place (F-Que), and a healthy food option, (Ziatan Cafe), a coffee shop, and a vintage clothing outlet. Cool, relaxed vibe with old pinball machines and a Ms. Pac-Man game. Great place for families with kids, although the crowd looked to be fairly young professionals the night we were there. I recommend this place, highly!
Anyway, I had brisket and my wife had he homemade farmhouse sausage. We would order both again. The Monkey Fist IPA was very good.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

I’d go back! Grabbed a dish from Wren the Butcher and ate it at Monkey Fist. Not a huge fan of Monkey Fist’s beer on its own but it pairs well with Wren’s good. Great food from Wren! Worth checking out.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

This is a must try. We had 3 different dishes and all were mouth watering. Pictures of the plates would be nice but not necessary.