“Clean, Friendly, but in Need of an Update”

Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Stevensville
Reviewed 27 October 2011

After driving for many hours, I stopped at this Hampton, which is conveniently located right off I-94 close to shopping and many restaurants. As a Hilton Honors member, I regularly seek out Hampton Hotels because they are dependable.

This was a smaller Hampton located very close to the freeway. My room was on the first floor on the parking lot side. I would recommend this for those who do stay, since the freeway side is likely a bit loud.

The front desk staff was very friendly. There was complimentary popcorn, and the desk was decorated for Halloween. The breakfast area was well lit and included a new flat screen TV with comfortable couches. The breakfast staff was also very friendly, and the complimentary breakfast choices included fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, waffles, cereals, and pastries.

The rate was a bit high for the area, even with my AAA rate. It was a Sunday evening in October. There is not a great deal of industry in the area, and it was hardly high season.

The room was clean and included the always comfortable Hampton bed. The furniture was newer, but the room looked a bit tired. The bathroom was in definite need of renovation. In fact, the entire hotel could have used some updating.

A decent place to stay - but not the nicest Hampton.

Room Tip: Request a room on the parking lot side. This hotel is very close to Interstate 94.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank MI_Traveler48042
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 October 2011

On our way back to Ontario Canada we wanted to get east of Chicago on a Friday night. This Hampton Inn was as expected - clean, convenient to the highway, staffed with friendly helpful people and provided a basic breakfast. The hallway carpet had a few spots and the table in the room was small for computer use.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarilynBB
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We have stayed there many weekends over the years, but it is beginning to show it's wear & tear. Needs a major update in the areas of carpeting, the duvets on the beds, bathrooms etc. I preferred the newer & nicer Comfort Inn & Suites, but it was booked solid, so chose the Hampton. LeShonda at the front desk- talked to her several times- she was polite & courteous without being overly friendly or intrusive- she was quick on the draw, answered questions, made & changed reservations quickly so that was good. The room was fine- but if I were you, I'd try to get the rooms on the parking lot side. We were on the I-94 side and let me tell you, the truck traffic does not abate at night and was quite loud- the hotel is only about 100 feet from the highway. The duvet covers are so old and been washed so many times that the fluffy stuff is all balled up in lumps all over, kind of a mess. The fitted sheets are also so old that the elastic in them is shot- I woke up the first morning asleep on the mattress- yuck! But those sheets would not stay on. However, the staff is friendly and it was clean, no problems with that. The breakfast was fine- scrambled eggs etc., which I consider a good breakfast when it's free. Kind of high priced for the area- we paid 122.00 plus tax- in early October. I don't know if is a high traffic time for winery tours or what, Lake Michigan isn't really a draw, it was cold and windy on the lakeshore. That rate supposedly included my Triple A discount. Way overpriced for what you get.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the parking lot side, NOT the side facing I-94.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We have stayed at another hotel while in the SW Michigan area but their price was slightly higher for the same weekend, so we went with the Hampton based on reviews and Hilton affiliation. It's right off the freeway and convenient if you're heading north or south (which we did) for wineries, fall harvest festivals, and St. Joseph downtown and lakefront. One of the best choices we made. Friendly staff (front desk, housekeeping, breakfast), adequate breakfast, plenty of parking, strong wifi (free!), and nicely appointed room. It's our new go-to hotel when visiting the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed at the HI for 3 nights on business. Overall the property is nice and clean. The guest rooms are average. The complementary breakfast was good and the beds were very comfortable. I found the staff to be very friendly. There was usually hot coffee and chocolate chip cookies in the lobby...that was a nice treat after a long day. There is not a fitness area, but if you have time make a trip to the beach...you will do a lot of walking in the sand and down the pier.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevensville
0.4 km away
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph
0.5 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites ST. Joseph/Stevensville

Been to Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK