“Try the stuffed peppers!”

Hungarian Rhapsody Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 103 Restaurants in Southgate
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Hungarian, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Hope you're hungry!! 2 of us shared a cucumber salad and the Hungarian Combo -- food left over! Porkchops were slightly dry but meal was good. Parking lot was packed on a Tue night for a group - so locals love the Rhapsody too!

Reviewed 27 August 2016

We have been dining at the Rhapsody since they opened. My Mother was Hungarian and the food here is just like the food my Mother's family made since i was a kid, the best.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Great food and plenty to take home. Waitress very attentive ..Prices well worth it. Busy but we were seated within a few minute wait.. Owner walking around checking on everything and chatting with everyone a nice homey touch.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

We had a Groupon for Hungarian Rhapsody and decided to have an early lunch. We were greeted and seated fairly quickly. Our waitress came right over and was friendly and knowledgeable. We ordered soup, salad, stuffed cabbage, chicken liver, chicken paprika, sausage. Our waitress served our soup,(chicken noodle and cream of mushroom), both very good- and as soon as we were finished she brought the salads. As soon as we finished, the main course. Bread was in a basket on the table.
I really appreciate when the waitress is on the ball, and this one was. She kept our water glasses filled, bread basket full, and table clean.
We all enjoyed the main entrees as well. The portions,( we got lunch portions), were more than enough and all the items were hot.
I can't remember the name of our desert but it was really good. I was so full by the time I ate it that I don't think I fully enjoyed it.
I would definitely recommend this place. It's old and dated on decor and utensils but the food and service is great. Prices are good.
On the website the menu has buffet style but we did not see that, nor was it offered.
Worth stopping by if you are in area. I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

I don't been to Budapest and has Hungarian food there, this place is so authentic you feel like you are in Hungary. All dishes are Hungarian and good to try. First timers try the Hungarian combo. 3 in 1 dish and very delicious. Pics attached.