1,075 results
All reviews manager's reception complimentary breakfast breakfast was excellent omelet rooms are large detroit area highway
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Will never visit this hotel again. Front desk employee was very unprofessional upon check-in, was working with Handcuffs on that supposedly the Security Guard jokingly put on him. That's no way to conduct yourself while checking in customers in a place of business. Only one elevator was working & it kept skipping floors when pushing the arrow button yo call for it. The Housekeeping lady tried to come into our room & clean while we in the room, let alone the room was still occupied. Housekeeping should never ever try to just clean up a room while the room is occupied by paying customers with their belongings in the room. They was very discourteous & rude to say the least. The hotel front lobby & hallways smelled of bad Potpourii decent or an odor. Overall, the entire stay was unpleasant & we won't return here again!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear dhatten19,

We are very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserved during your recent stay with us. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we didn’t meet your expectations throughout your visit. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience as your satisfaction is very important to us. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will consider staying with us again soon so we may have the opportunity to make it right.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Worst Embassy Suites I've ever stayed:
1. rooms are not clean, couch is stained, hair (not mine) in bathroom
2. elevators did not work
3. I stayed over the weekend and locals use hotel as "vacation spot" - very low class clientele; armed security at the entrance; police presence in the morning.
4. dirty/smelly pool
5. very outdated building.
6. not friendly receptionist
The only friendly person was Natalia - bartender.
Also, breakfast staff was friendly too.
I will never stay in this hotel again.

Stayed: April 2018
Christina C, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for your review Lida, we are disappointed to hear that your stay was less than expected, this is certainly not what we strive for. I will review your comments with our department heads so that we may address the issues and make sure they do not repeat again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I enjoyed the rooms, they were clean, eveything worked and very relaxing. We did have a problem with the plumbing, but they fixed it. I did not enjoy walking up and down the stairs. Only one elevator was working the entire time we were there.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Pros:
* Staff
* Location

Cons:
* Location
* Maintenance
* Dated
* Coffee Station

Location:
* Is great because it's right off the highway.
* Is bad because it is so close to local residential areas. Local use this as a vacation get-a-way. They will come with 6 kids in tow which puts a burden on the hotel staff and the facility. For 100 or so dollars on the weekend they can feed their family, drop the kids off at the pool and booze it up for two hours without as much as tipping the bartenders.

Maintenance:
The business practices are obviously not sustainable as illustrated by the conditions of the facility. Dated and frayed carpet in the room (710) and elevators that do not work (only middle works. Left stuck on Third. Right never moved.)

Local Patrons:
They are not bad people.
They are using what is available and allowed. But higher occupancy with less rooms sold is going to kill this hotel. That is more people using limited resources, more people press that elevator button, more demand on that single working elevator, more disenfranchised customers waiting for that one elevator, more people ordering drinks during the complimentary happy hour, more people eating the included breakfast and more people going though that revolving door with the broken/missing handle.
This sites practices are unsustainable.

Coffee Station:
Per staff, they put out coffee in the morning; when it runs out it runs out and they do not restock the coffee cups.

Staff:
They are great.
They are not the problem, management is.

You know, there is awesome looking lounge in the back that I have never seen opened.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments, I will be sure to pass this along to our department heads to address the issues. We do hope you will give us another chance to show you the positive changes we are making and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Let me start by stating that Hilton is my favorite hotel brand. I usually stay 4-6 nights/month. This hotel is severely neglected.The property is dirty, the air conditioner was not on and I was instructed to open my window (which didn't have a screen) and given a dirty fan. The evening reception was not what I am accustomed to and housekeeping didn't replenish towels until I asked for them although we had used them all and she removed them from the room. The manager was on duty but couldn't really resolve the issues. Only one elevator worked the entire time I was there.
This hotel needs deep clean and repair. I do not recommend anyone pay to stay here. There are much newer properties near by.

The staff was very friendly but could not resolve any issues.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family