Holiday Inn Express South Haven
Hampton Inn South Haven(South Haven)(Great Value!)
US$ 335
US$ 299
Hampton.com
US$ 179
US$ 136
ComfortSuites
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 155/night.

US$ 166
US$ 230
Seymour House(South Haven)
Hotels.com
Hotels.com
All reviewsfront deskslow internetnice indoor poolnice hotelcinnamon rollsroom was cleanqueen suitebiscuits and gravythe breakfast areaquiet areawould stay againbreakfast was includedother hotelsyogurtbusiness centerthird floorsmall refrigerator
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Good value, average free breakfast. Hotel was clean although carpet in the hallways needed to be replaced. Would have preferred to be closer to the beach but overall a nice stay!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2011

When we first saw this hotel in South Haven, we were extremely disappointed. Part of our disappointment stemmed from the fact that we had stayed in a wonder Holiday Inn Express in Holland and were expecting something similar. It's surprising that these two hotels are even in the same chain.

The room, which had two queen beds and a twin sofa bed, was spacious with a small refrigerator and microwave, but not clean. Someone had smeared the mirrors in the room and there were also a child's fingerprints. Mildew lurked above the shower stall as did a spider squatting in a cobweb. There was one piece of tissue in the dispenser in the bathroom. In the hallway a ceiling tile had fallen down and crumbled on the floor. The pool is small, there is no real place to sit. The windows around the pool area were clouded with steam and hard water deposits. We contemplated finding another room, but because it was late, and it was for only a couple of nights, we decided to stay.

For the two nights we stayed there the room was adequate. The beds seemed clean. The room didn't smell. Some of the shabbiness of the hotel should be addressed through a renovation.

I would probably have given this hotel two stars if it weren't for the wonderful service. The people working at this hotel are very friendly, in our experience more friendly than at many of the other hotels we have stayed. On our last day there, the employee managing the breakfast area noticed that we didn't make it down for breakfast in time, and gave my husband a tray of food left over from the breakfast period. That kind of kindness and personal touch made us feel welcome.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My family had a nice time visiting South Haven. The hotel is a stone's throw to Sherman's Ice Cream and Walmart...in case you run out of anything. I'd recommend reserving a suite for a little extra room. The continental breakfast was good and they constantly replenished the food. Fresh fruit, eggs, pasties, protiens, coffees, milk and juice were a plenty. Coffee and tea are offered 24 hrs. The pool is a okay, a tad dated, but it is clean. They are undergoing a renovation, but did effect our stay at all.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Hallway carpet very dirty. Room had unusual odor. Not my typical holiday inn express. Very disappointed and requested for a refund.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank pagnaa
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Although the rooms were mostly nice with a flat screen TV, a microwave and mini fridge, the carpet in our room was very soiled, giving me an overall feeling that the room wasn't clean. I didn't even want to walk around without shoes. Then we couldn't connect to the wifi provided for our entire stay. Tried calling down to the front desk to inquire about it and the phone just rang and rang so I gave up. We didn't use it,but the pool area is very small and they don't even provide any chairs or tables which I thought was weird. I could see how the pool would be a big disappointment for families interested in swimming. I personally thought the breakfast was great though. They had make yourself pancakes, then they also served biscuits and gravy along with sausage or bacon. The fresh and warm cinnamon rolls were my favorite though. The only thing it was lacking was some fresh fruit, at least some apples and bananas would have been nice. Coffee and tea is offered 24/7 in the lobby which is a nice perk. There was some construction going on to the outside of the building, and the noise started at about 8:30 each morning, but I was up by then anyway so it didn't really bother me. The hotel is a great location and just a short drive to downtown South Haven and the beach. Overall this stay didn't knock my socks off or anything, but if I got a good deal again I'd probably return.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple