“Great food, great service & wonderful rooms”

HawksHead Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 74 Restaurants in South Haven
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 38
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: HawksHead is known for it's amazing cuisine, peaceful setting, and lovely golf course. We are only 7-10 minutes from downtown South Haven, but it feels like miles away. It's a world away from all the hustle and bustle and gives you that special place to relax and unwind. We have special spaces just for wedding receptions, ceremonies and large groups. Visit us today to see why "it's better out here".
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful time at Hawkshead! The food in both the pub & the dining room was very good. Delightful service & artfully plated. The whitefish dinner was especially delicious. We had a room overlooking the wooded ravine that was very comfortable with a large bathroom, fireplace & a picturesque view. Golf course was great!!!
Thank you to Greg & his staff for their attention to detail & the warm, welcoming atmosphere at Hawkshead. Our first time but will definitely be returning.

HawksHead18, Manager at HawksHead Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thanks for the warm review, we love welcoming new guest and always hope to see them return year after year. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, food and golf. Come back to see us soon!

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

We went out to dinner on Tuesday, to celebrate our 90 year old friends birthday. 6 people attended at hawkshead links/hawkshead restaurant in South haven. Prior to orders being placed, 2 of us told the manager and the waiter, that she and I would split the birthday girls dinner and her husband's..we were very clear. The menu was VERY limited. They invited a gal, who ordered nearly 100 bucks worth of food and drink. When I got a tab for $119, I added a nice tip and paid it. Everyone had already left when the waiter brought me a bill for $133 stating that he had made a mistake on the other one...i added a nice tip and paid THAT one, assuming that other one was void. Turns out, I paid the whole tab for the whole table. The server gave the $133 tab to the wrong person and she left it on the table. I called the restaurant and spoke with the owners wife and she assured me that she would make this right...2 days later, I get a 50 dollar gift card in the mail, from this restaurant. This mistake on their part, cost me $186.00!!!!! I'm mailing back the gift card, writing a scathing review on every site I can find and disputing it with my credit card company... besides ALL of the food was delivered cold and the steaks were undercooked by 20 degrees, the bisque was cold too. He birthday girl took 2 bites of her dinner, Hawkshead restaurant in South haven, will never get my business ever again.

HawksHead18, Owner at HawksHead Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Patty,
Imagine my surprise and shock to read this review. You couldn't have been nicer to the staff the night you came in and when you called me on the phone. From the story I received from you and my manager and wait staff, there was a mix up with the bills. Apparently according to my staff they presented you and your friend with a bill, however, your friend left the bill on the table when she exited the restaurant without paying. So since you were the only person left you offered to take care of it. All the while smiling and not letting on there was a problem. So when you called me, I realized that you were probably more upset at your friend who didn't pay then you were at us. But I still wanted to help smooth things over, so I sent you a $50.00 gift card. I had no idea that you wanted us to comp half your meal for you just because your friend forgot to pay the bill. You mentioned the food was cold, but you never expressed that to the manager or the wait staff. I have no idea what you hope to gain by putting out this horrible review on us. But maybe this is a case where we can't make you happy. We will understand if you don't feel you can come back to HawksHead.

It floors me when our guest have problems and instead of taking it up with the manager, who you stated was amazing, you put out a bad review on a business that wanted to make things right. I think all of our other amazing reviews speaks for itself.

The Owner's wife.......

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Went here for romantic dinner. Nice location, nice dining room, lovely staff...... very limited menu and the item I chose was no longer available. Didn’t really fancy any other entree so went for the braised rib ravioli..... looked and tasted like a freezer product from Costco! Ordered the flatbread....... it was sooooo rich I could only eat one slice. Hubby ordered lobster chowder. OMG it was so thick the soon stood up vertically!!!! Way too heavy for an appetizer. Then he had the duck. Cooked beautifully, but smothered in a sweet sauce drowning the flavor. Had to scrape that away. Sweet potato also was covered in broiled brown sugar and over sweetened. Roast veggies were just ok.
Disappointing dinner. Went back to the rental home and ate chips and salsa!!!
On a positive note, the cocktails were great.

HawksHead18, Manager at HawksHead Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Hello Alison,
We want to apologize that you had a unsatisfactory meal. Though we strive for the utmost excellence, on a rare occasion we miss the mark. Our menu is limited because of it being our off season and winter weather. I will say though that our food does not come from Costco, it is made from fresh from scratch. It is our hope that you will give us another try.
Thanks

Reviewed 24 October 2017

We had 12 golfers in our group. We stayed at the Hawks Head Golf Cottages, played the course and ate in the restaurant. Everything was great. Food and service was excellent.
Staff and ownership were very attentive to our needs and went overboard to make our visit awesome. Thanks again to Greg and Theressa.

HawksHead18, Manager at HawksHead Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thanks Steve, it was our pleasure to serve you! We love to make sure that each of our guest get the highest quality of customer service! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We stayed at the B&B and also played golf. Every bit of this experience was delightful.
The room was perfect. We ate dinner in the restaurant and I had the duck. I'm very picky about where I order duck from. This was the best duck dinner I have ever had!

HawksHead18, Manager at HawksHead Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you for that wonderful 5 star review! We are so excited that you had a great time. It matters to us that our guest enjoy every aspect of their stay with us. Thanks for letting others know about your visit! Come back soon!