All reviews free breakfast room was clean indoor pool hot tub good size would stay here again watermelon easy access short drive quiet area up to date nice stay tulip festival in town morning breakfast stayed one night saugatuck douglas
Reviewed 5 January 2016

I really enjoyed my stay it was relaxing and the area is beautiful. Service was exceptional. My check in was very efficient. Our room, # 26 was very clean. I will stay there next time I visit the area.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
pankaj1234, General Manager at Best Western Plaza Hotel Saugatuck, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2016

Reviewed 10 December 2015

My wife and I stayed overnight and found this would be a good place for a night. The staff was friendly but the lobby crowded with furniture from some of the rooms.when we arrived so this did not leave a good starting impression. The room was clean but very spartan in amenities. The bed was at best OK. I travel for a living and spend many nights in hotels. This one is one I would stay at only if I need it for a cheap price.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2015

The stay was good. Staff very friendly Need to work on cleaning certain areas. Pool was nice. Good Wi-Fi and TV. Room was clean, except for deep cleaning, dusting lamps etc. Over all not bad. Suited our purpose for a family get together.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2015

Staff was unwilling to accommodate our room request. The WiFi was terrible, and the room key cards didn't work well. They also charged us the full rack rate, which was absurd. I've stayed at much nicer hotels that cost much less.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2015

This is a nice place. It is clean and quiet. The price is reasonable for the area. It is a basic hotel with nothing fancy. The breakfast is good with your typical selections. Convenient location near the city. We were given an AARP discount on check in but it was not reflected on the bill. It was corrected when checking out.

Date of stay: September 2015