All reviews couples massage parking spot my husband and i the temperature control trash bags downtown saugatuck within walking distance middle of town ceiling fan first floor last weekend get away kevin condo noise sink roma
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

The Bella Vita hotel is in a great spot right downtown. We stayed in the Roma room. The room is small but clean and nice. The 3 doors you enter through are setup with your own keypad numbers so I loved that we didn't have a real key to deal with.
We had our own parking spot which was great.
The room had a small fridge, microwave, and a small sink. They provided 2 bottles of water and a few complimentary snacks.
The only thing we didn't like was that the temperature control for cooling the room was preset and not changeable by us. We were a little too warm overnight and turned on the ceiling fan. The fan was inconsistently noisy like a woodpecker was in our room so we didn't sleep well. The shades don't darken the Roma room very well so it was bright at night and in the morning. That being said, we would probably stay at Bella Vita again because the room was clean and the location was great. Maybe we would try one of the other rooms that didn't have an alley way of windows.

Date of stay: July 2017
2  Thank 288lorip
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I needed a weekend away. We had been talking about visiting saugatuck brewing company for a while since we love a few of their beers. I did my research and we landed on Bella Vita. I was a little hesitant at first because of the price but it was worth every penny. The location is right downtown so everything (shops, bars, restaurants) is within walking distance. We stayed in the Taurino suite on the first floor. Our room was adorable and spacious. There were some dust bunnies under the bed but I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't lost my flip flop! There was no noise at all from the street as the rooms open onto an alley. However, there was A LOT of foot traffic above us since the spa is on the 2nd floor. This did wake me up one morning but I easily fell back asleep. We would definitely come back again. We would recommend the southerner for breakfast and the patio at The Butler for cocktails in the evening. Loved Saugatuck!!!!

Date of stay: June 2017
4  Thank 702alexae
Reviewed 5 June 2017

We have stayed at the suites in town a few times and always in November/December. The town is usually lit up with Christmas lights but the weather isn't too cold yet. It is a very private, relaxing place to stay. The spa located within is wonderful. We always try to schedule a couples massage.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

First time for my husband and I. Nice and clean. Light bulb was burnt out. Otherwise, good experience. Convenient for all the bars, restaurants and shopping. I will definitely recommend it.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 18 October 2016

We spent 3 pleasant nights in the Mt. Baldhead condo. The location is perfect for exploring Saugatuck with the added benefit of a dedicated parking spot. The living room was nicely furnished as was the bedroom. The bathroom was a tight squeeze but the towels were large and thick. The kitchenette was very sparsely furnished so wouldn't be good if someone planned to cook any meals there. One minor negative was that we arrived after dark and there were no lights in the parking area or by the door of the condo. This made climbing the stairs to the door a lttle treacherous and entering the key code difficult.

Date of stay: October 2016