All reviews private beach lounge chairs continental breakfast bikes provided local bakery hard boiled eggs heated pool my husband and i fire pit watched the sunset residential neighborhood internet access get away multi level plenty of chairs umbrella tables grounds are beautiful
Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

What a find! Beautiful landscaping, serene atmosphere, park like setting. Many decks over looking the lake with comfortable lounges and umbrellas. Beach access. Very well maintained. enjoyed the pool,nature trails , bicycles and fire pits. Friendly staff and owners. Will definitely be back.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lorimandley
Reviewed 12 June 2016

Room was lovely and the grounds were so pretty! Love the view of the lake....so peaceful! Sunsets were great! I loved the gas firepits at night! Take some mosquito spray! The pool is a nice addition as well.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank _marshiegro
Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

My husband and I wanted a quick getaway to celebrate our birthdays. Lake Shore Resort was the perfect venue. Beautiful views, spectacular sunsets, gorgeous grounds and lovely people. Service was excellent and we loved the staff. Next year we're staying longer than 3 days!! Wasn't nearly long enough to do everything we wanted. Perfect location to reconnect with your special someone. Try the chocolate muffins for breakfast!!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank khughes1947
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

You can view the lake at breakfast! You can walk down steps to various decks with seating and enjoy the lake, or continue to the private beach where the lounge chairs and umbrellas all set up for you. They have places to sit to watch the most incredible sunsets and finish the night at the heated pool or fire pits! I have stayed in Saugatuck, South Haven, and Douglas but this place is my favorite place of all. It's all about the view

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carol S
Reviewed 15 September 2015

My wife and I just returned from a short get away at Lake Shore Resort. This was our sixth year to stay here and will continue to make it an annual stop. Out of curiousity I decided to check this site to see what others thought. I'm typically not one to post on these types of sites but do find them mostly accurate and informative. Just so happens we were in room 26 as was one of the more recent guests that posted here. There are many very positive aspects as pointed out that keep us coming back but I think it is important to know that this is a older "mom and pop" style resort. It is very clean, great beds, towels etc are all good. It is very simple and functional. If one is expecting a Westin or Hilton type room with ammenities to match, this probably isn't going to be your place. We didn't notice any smell or dampness although could use a little upgrade. In casual conversation with the owner, it was mentioned some of the rooms are up for an upgrade this offseason. Still, we had no complaints and the positives far exceed very minor upgrade needs. Be comfortable coming here and enjoying the amazing views. If you need to check your Facebook and email every 10 minutes, Lake Shore Resort and the surrounding area may not be for you. See you next year!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family