“Cozy Front Porch & Great Apps!”
Review of Borrowed Time

Borrowed Time
Ranked #7 of 56 Restaurants in Saugatuck
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 25
Description: Borrowed Time is a gathering place serving unique wine, craft beer, small plates, and homemade desserts in a relaxed atmosphere. Join us daily for porch seating, lawn games, and genuine hospitality.
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I stopped here with my 2 dogs. Our server was great! I had a glass of wine, the pups had a bowl of water. The flatbread and the Brie were both fantastic! This is an amazing place to relax for a snack and a few drinks!!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

I really wanted to like this place but thought it missed the mark a bit. The vibe was cool. Service was actually friendly We didn't experience the rude service mentioned in other reviews. But prices were a little bit high for what it was. I don't think there was a single glass of wine for less than $10 and it was often closer to $15, which is the price of a good bottle at a wine store.

It is a good place to drink, but not a good place to eat. The small plates were as the name indicates... small. If you enter there hungry, you will leave hungry. Unless you order many small plates, in which case your calorie count will go through the roof as everything is bacon and cheese based, not to mention your wallet as these small plates add up.

But if price is not a concern, then it is a good place to have an afternoon drink and a small bite before going elsewhere for a real dinner.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Fab spot with people watching a plus. This is a solid bet with foodservice experience from Bay Area California transplants.. Love the service and the crowd.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

What a great place to enjoy drinks, food and great music! We heard the guitar players and stopped in for a drink, which turned into a couple of hours. The wait staff was very attentive and the flower gardens make you feel like you are on vacation.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed downtown Saugatuck for our four year anniversary. It was our first trip together without our daughter. We ended every night at Borrowed Time. They offer a great wine and beer selection along with small plates. They have a crazy hip/eclectic vibe that my wife and I just loved. It has somewhat of a Parisian feel, but it offers a much more laid back intimacy. Their lawn area is great. Their games and seating makes it feel like you are out at home in the back yard barbecuing with your friends and family. Inside is just freaking adorably unique. The staff are also some of he nicest people I interacted with in Saugatuck. Some staff at other establishments seemed standoffish and cold. Definitely my favorite place (notice I said place...not just restaurant) in Saugatuck.

Kimberly B, Owner at Borrowed Time, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Wow, we so appreciate you sharing your experience! We're honored you chose to spend some time with us on your anniversary trip, congratulations and cheers to many more, we hope to see you again soon!