“Feels like Key West”

Ranked #7 of 41 Restaurants in Saint Ignace
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Loved this little place for breakfast. Came on recommendation of friends for late Noonish breakfast as hotel provided a mediocre interpretation of the meal. We loved the traditional breakfast and blueberry pancakes. Very disappointed in the bacon - extremely thin and fatty. We enjoyed excellent coffee and most especially the waitress. Establishment seemed to be filled with locals who chatted with waitress and each other about events and family. Will come again.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Breakfasts 2 of 3 mornings of our visit! The menu is almost bigger than the restaurant! So many choices! If you can't find something you want, you seen' hungry! Eggs and omelets are great. The banana-granola pancakes are delicious! One ( a side order ) was plenty. "Joe" and his staff are friendly and fun. Great way to start your day!

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Oh..... my...... gosh!!!! First impressions were outstandingly wonderfully out of this world! Up here on a long weekend with a girlfriend. She was referred here by one of her friends, so we came for breakfast. Joe greets EVERY person that comes thru the door with both a high energy and happy "Hello! Good morning! How are we doing today?"

The service was phenomenal! Joe has our coffee on the table with the newspaper like menus before out tushys could even warm the chairs. Server was to us ready to take our order very fast (like before we were done adding creamer to our coffee). The food was outstanding just like everything else. HIGHLY recommend this place!!

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here a few times during our stay to get some coffee drinks. The staff here is so friendly! The first time my husband went alone to get me a coffee, he is used to my starbucks order but not so great with other places. The owner was very helpful towards him and I ended up with a great drink. Their breakfast smelled delicious while we were there but didn't have a chance to eat any.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I have been going to the UP for years. Java Joe's is a must visit on all my trips. The atmosphere is wonderful, people are friendly and you can hear everyone having a nice time. If you are a collector of tea pots there are tea pots all around the tops of the walls and they are for sale if you spot one you like. Also, their menu is a newspaper and they put information and places to see in the upper peninsula in there. Love Love Love this place. They are open 7:30 am to 1:00 pm.