“Better than First Impression”
Review of The Gangplank

The Gangplank
Ranked #5 of 43 Restaurants in Saint Ignace
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

We were told that the wait was 15 minutes but it turned into 40 minutes. I am glad we waited. The atmosphere sitting by the marina was very nice with a cool breeze. The service was very friendly but a bit slow. I figured out why. The server is also the busboy, dishwasher, bartender, hostess and takes payment. The main reason we went was for the food. The fish tacos and shrimp tacos were very good. Nice flavor and fresh. The cranky Cuban sandwich was large and made with tender pulled pork homemade pickles peperochini on a fresh hoary roll. It was topped with a boom boom sauce that was not too spicy. The BBQ bacon burger was grilled and topped with crispy bacon and a delicious bbq sauce. I would definitely eat hear again. I gave an extra tip because I saw how hard the server was working and always with a smile.

1  Thank Ljpemb

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere, the seating was outside, overlooking the harbor under a canopy. We had a couple of drinks, they were really reasonably priced, our waiter visited our table often to refill drinks and check on us. We waited a little while for our food to come, but enjoyed relaxing while we waited. The tables were clean, the food was good, hot and delicious. I'd recommend it for sure.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Greek Pita and Fish Tacos were excellent. Had to wait 20 minutes for a table and asked the couple we were talking with in line to join us as most tables are for 4.
Drinks came quickly but all food is made to order and takes awhile. Sweet potato fries were awesome too! Had burgers there in the past....highly recommended!

Reviewed 5 August 2016

We ate lunch at the Gangplank on an extremely hot day. We were taken to a table and given menus right away. Our order was taken and we received our drinks quite soon after ordering. However.....we had quite a long wait to receive our food. The people at the next table who ordered at the same time also mentioned to us that it was good that we were patient because of the long wait. Our server never mentioned there was any kitchen problem with getting our meals sooner. I would have given The Gangplank 5 stars if the wait hadn't been as long. I ordered the whitefish tacos and my husband ordered shrimp tacos. Both were excellent choices and worth the wait!

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

They were very busy and we were fortunate to get a table immediately. And it happened to be out of the hot sun. Meal took a while to get - probably due to being busy. Burger was great, sweet potato fries a little greasy, and good coleslaw. Service was good but slow.