“Best we had”

Cuisines: American
Description: ph (906)643-8487
Description: ph (906)643-8487
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Neat little place with super friendly front of house staff (even with the screaming kids, broken stapler, and a bunch of 5 / 6 tops walking in) From the oven that looks like the building was built around it, to the big balls of dough in the back this gem of a place had the best pasties we had during our family trip.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

If I could move in and live at the restaurant I would the pasties are the best I have ever had. We actually took home 12 in a cooler and have been enjoying them here. A definite place to stop

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I've lived in Michigan my whole life but have never had the infamous pasty. So we stopped at Bessie's on a recent trip.

There are definitely no bells-and-whistles at this place. But it appeared clean and the service was decent.

I don't know what a pasty is really supposed to taste like, but they tasted very dry to me, even with gravy on the side. The choices are gravy or ketchup, with ketchup being the traditional way to eat them to eat them in the Upper Peninsula...or so I've been told.

I wouldn't go back. But if pasties are your thing, give it a try.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We bought pasties here to take to family in lower Michigan. We purchased 7 pasties and put them in our cooler. The person who assisted us gave us reheating instructions. The pasties traveled and reheated well. They were delicious. We highly recommend.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Amazing staff, amazing location, amazing food! I had this spot saved onto a Pinterest board and was so happy to see it across from our hotel during our wedding weekend. We'll be stopping here yearly.