“Cioppino!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Cioppino is a fish stew, and I found it to be delicious. I'd never had anything quite like it before. Crust bread served alongside was also a hit.

The Village Inn doesn't look like much from the outside, but we found the service to be above average and the food to be something special

1  Thank Gram-in-STL

Reviewed 18 June 2017

We had a limited time for dinner at the Village Inn, and our server took it to heart got six of us fed and out of there in less than an hour. The food spans from normal pub food to some really interesting fish and veggie dishes. Prices were good.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

After driving all day we were looking for a good place to eat. Checked with a local who recommended Village Inn. We asked if it was the "Chain Village Inn" He said it was not, just the same name. We ordered the whitefish platter and a local craft beer. Botb were excellent! The whitefish was circled by duchess potatoes and served with fresh green beans and carrots. The meal was prepared and seasoned perfectly. We ordered a similar whitefish dinner a few days later in Machinaw City. This was at an upscale restaurant and we kept comparing their dinner to Village Inn and it wasn't even close to VI's and cost more. I will definitely stop back when i'm in the area again.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

The food and service were great. Our waitress was attentive, efficient, and friendly. The food was mostly sandwiches and burgers, but there was quite a bit of seafood and a small variety of other fare. They had something called slap fries which my son and I got. They were basically spicy (not too spicy) fries with sugar. Both savory and sweet. Different and fun to try. The food was great and if we come back we'd probably eat theire again.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Very nice restaurant with reasonable prices. We were told Village Inn is owned and operated by The Grand. We had an excellent waitress . I was going to have Chicken Marsala but the Surf and Turf was on special. I asked the waitress for her opinion of what I should get. She said the Surf and Turf is the way to go. My husband ordered the same thing. It was one of the best meals we have ever had! The plate was loaded with various vegetables, clams on the half shell, strip steak and shrimp that were ENORMOUS! It all tasted excellent. The meal was the high point of a very cold and rainy day on the Island. We will be back!!!