“Delicious Hummus”

Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The hummus and bread is delightful, and the lamb shwarma wrap is excellent, but my favorites are the fresh juices and smoothies.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Haven't been here in awhile, so we re-visited recently. The most obvious thing here is that it needs a deep clean . The carpet is filthy, tables are grody and it has seen better days. We ordered a few things. The karta seemed to have been reheated and the chicken kabobs were over cooked. The soup, salad, and bread were very good. The majedera was just ok. Service was very good with minimal wait. I think if they spruced the place up a bit and worked on freshening up some of their dishes, it could be a first pick again. It was very popular a few years ago and we went often. At least clean the carpet.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Ordered take out. Waited and watched them take the food from another take out order that was sitting for a while and put it in mine. When I asked, they denied this was done. After questioning them, a woman told me she would compensate me for the misunderstanding. There was no misunderstanding, they lied to me. The food was cold and not very good.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Cedar Garden serves delicious "east side" Middle Eastern food at very fair prices. I have to be in the area on a monthly basis and am always happy, as a vegetarian, to be able to rely on this GP/SCS standby because let's face it--vegetarianism not only hasn't caught on in this part of the country, it's usually not understood.

Cedar Garden "gets it."

Everything I've ordered here has been delicious, which has encouraged me to expand beyond the delicious Crushed Lentil Soup. The Mjadra is delicious, which prompted me to order the Lentil Kibbie. It'll be Potato Kibbie for me next month.

The menu has everything any lover of Middle Eastern cuisine could want; it's all here. Prices, while not cheap-cheap, are very reasonable for a sit-down restaurant, especially given the quality and size of portions. Middle Eastern restaurants in the metro area were serving fresh made-to-order juice LONG before the current juice craze and Cedar Garden is no exception (I haven't ordered any only because I juice at home). Service is friendly and competent and the space itself is very comfortable. In a nutshell: these folks know what they're doing.

If you haven't yet, head to the little shopping strip at the foot of Greater Mack near 9 Mile and give Cedar Garden a shot. I'm going to bet that you become a repeat customer.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Cedar garden is one of the better Middle Eastern Restaurants in the Detroit Area. Not fancy, it delivers good food with generous portions at budget prices.

1  Thank juro096