All reviews continental breakfast a great place to stay stay there again pleasant stay home away from home birch run oak lounge wedding funeral woodwork internet properties television microwave concert roomy
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed at the Ramada for a shopping trip to Birch Run. I was at first concerned whether the rooms had bedrooms since I had reserved a suite. It turned out to be this HUGE room with a kitchenette type set up. There was a good size fridge and microwave with a big sink. It was great since we were travelling with a 6 month old baby and I needed to prepare his food. The hotel has obviously undergone several different managements and was starting to show its age but it was pretty clean. the only problem was that the doors in our room were all creaking which didn't help a 6 month old baby who's trying to sleep in a strange place so we ran to Walmart and bought lubricant and lubricated all the doors. We could've probably called the management but it would take too long.

The great thing about the hotel was that they offer free dinner from Mon to Thurs. We stayed from Sun to Wed so we took advantage of that on Monday night. I wasn't sure what to expect but the portions were reasonable and the wait staff was really nice even though they were very busy. We ordered a nachos with cheese on the side, to die for!! :D

All in all, I would say this hotel served our purposes and for the price that we paid (less than $90USD a night) for the size of the room and the convenience, I would probably come back.

oh yeah, the free internet was great too!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
GM3325, General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Saginaw Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

Dear Canadian Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Ramada Inn and Suites Saginaw. I am pleased that you were WOWed by the size of our suites, many of our guests are. I am also happy it fulfilled your needs because traveling with a baby can be challenging! It is nice that you had the opportunity to take advantage of the value added complimentary dinner and I am glad that you enjoyed it. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next shopping trip!

Reviewed 28 July 2011

As I start all reviews, please take a look and see how many hotels I've reviewed, I'm not a jaded one time traveler. I travel often and feel I have a good base to write a good overall review.
Growing up in Saginaw I knew where this hotel was. I used priceline and was very disappointed when I found out this was what was picked for me. When I got to the hotel it is VERY hard to figure out where the front door is.
Very poor planning but once you figure it out, the front desk area is nice and the young man working was VERY friendly. The hotel appears to have had a make over within the last 15 years and is a hotel that was formerly a motel. So the rooms do not have direct windows outside.
Upon getting to my room was was indeed shocked the room was HUGE and nicely appointed. Even had a spa tub. When they did their last renovation someone really liked oak because its EVERYWHERE. The room was cleaned daily very well.
Their restaurant was just ok. Nothing to write home about but I got a coupon for free dinner for every night I was there so you really can't beat that. They do have a very nice bar and all the girls working there are outstanding. (Cindy was my favorite, very personable and seemed to go out of her way to make sure my glass was never empty)
The hotel is very centrally located in Saginaw. There is no pool but it smelled as if there was one. The biggest downside is parking, they do not have enough parking for the amount of rooms they have. If you returned after 10pm I was forced to park very far on the dark side of the lot. I'm not sure what they can do about this issue but something should be done. All in all will I return? If I won it again on priceline I wouldn't be sad. But if I had a choice no. There are much more updated hotels with better parking out near the mall, but those do lack a bar and restaurant. Happy travels! Cheers!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Dear Seasoned Traveler:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Ramada Inn and Suites, Saginaw, MI. I am happy you were pleased with the size of your guestroom and the jetted bathtub is indeed a very nice feature of your guest room. I will also let Cindy know that you mentioned her by name! The DI lounge and Grill and our Charity Poker room have become quite popular and have made parking a bit of a challenge. We have remedied that by having our contractors and employees park in the next door parking lot which frees up plenty of space for our hotel guests. I certainly hope the things you mentioned such as our friendly service, large-clean guest rooms, and our value added complimentary dinner will bring you back to the Award winning Ramada Inn and Suites Saginaw!
Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed 25 July 2011

I stay here often for business, and it has become my "home away from home". The staff are friendly and accommodating. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Convenient, central location.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Dear frequent guest:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Ramada Inn and Suites, Saginaw, MI. We value your opinion and your ongoing patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back home to your clean and comfortable accomodations! See you soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights (in town for a funeral), sight unseen. Exellent rate (better than quoted). Excellent customer service. Extremely clean. Gave free dinner coupons for every night of stay (didn't get a chance to use them so I can't comment on that, but thought it was a fantastic value----first night's choice was salmon!). Breakfast was good. (bummer that it was exactly the same every day, but still good). Most of staff were very friendly. (Wish I could remember the name of one woman who spoke to us every morning w/ a smile!) Loved all the little "sitting" areas throughout the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear Wisconsin Friend~
Thank you so much for the great review you wrote in behalf of the Ramada Inn and Suites, Saginaw, MI. Our hotel is very unique in design and does have lots of little lobbies and sitting areas for our guests to leisure in, thank you for pointing that out. I am also very happy to see that you were a fan of our excellent customer service, clean guest rooms and complimentary dinner. We hope to take care of you and your family agian in the very near future!

Reviewed 21 July 2011

After seeing reviews for the Ramada Inn here we decided to try it out. We paid $62.00/night. The room was clean and more than adequate, it was small but we were only there at night. They gave us a free dinner that was quite good and gave us a breakfast buffet every morning, which was an also good, lots of selections including yogurt and eggs. The personnel were nice and polite and the place was quiet for the most part, we did have one evening that the person in the next room had their TV on loud but they turned it off before we went to bed. We will stay their again but will get a larger room, possibly a suite which will still cost us less than other similar quality hotels. I did knock down the rating for the spa which in this case was the exercise room, it only had two machines, a treadmill and a elliptical but both worked and the room was clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
GM3325, General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Saginaw Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2011

Dear Guest from Alaska!
Thank you for staying with us and thank you so much for writing a review about our hotel, the Ramada Inn and Suites, Saginaw, MI. We value our guest's opinion and it is nice to know that you found our hotel clean & our personnel friendly. Please contact me personally on your next trip to Saginaw and I will make sure we upgrade you to the SUITE!
Yours in Hospitality,