“Two bedroom suite, musky smell, dirty floors and furniture..”

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Saginaw
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The check in process was easy, got up to the room, it smelt very musky, closed in, room had not been opened in some time or, maybe cleaned? I travel with air spray, thankfully and had to spray the rooms, immediately. Two bedroom room, was that of a one star hotel, chair and couch were stained, old stains and furniture had a lot of sag in cushions.. i did find the bedding for the pull out bras and put the sheet over the couch, before I would sit on it..so dirty.. in regards to the beds, there were not the triple sheeting. I stripped the old looking bedspread off, right away.. The noise is the early morning from housekeeping was extremely loud. Check out is at noon, which is an hour longer then average hotel chains, however, time had slipped by and we were running a little late, called downstairs, requesting an extra 45 minutes to possibly an hour, one would had thought I had asked for the keys to the vault, No No, I can give you 15 minutes. Really....?... we rushed, got out at exactly 12:12pm.. when I asked front desk employee, forgot her name.. she explained that room took longer to clean? Not that the room was reserved for that evening. My take is, we as customers didn't matter.. just go.... would not recommend this place, if you like a clean hotel...

Room Tip: Select another hotel, on the same street..many to choose from
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandy R
SaginawTownePlace_GM, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Sandy R,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. We have shared your comments with the appropriate hotel team to ensure this was an isolated issue. Please contact the hotel directly with further feedback.

regards,

TownePlace Suites

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This place was great for our weekend stay with family. We arrived late and the staff was so friendly and accommodating. Checkin amd checkout was fast. Beds were comfortable. Alot of places to eat and shop. Family-friendly. Will stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I stayed here for two nights while exploring the Saginaw area.

The exterior of the property is well maintained, clean, and parking spots are well marked. The staff member that checked me in was a bit robotic, did not smile, and did not engage me in any small talk.

My room was modern and comfortable. The kitchenette was fully stocked with everything I needed, including a tiny bottle of dish soap. There were some minor cleanliness issues in the room, like food debris around the corners on the furniture, bits of paper on the floor in the corners of the bathroom, hair in the sink, and some dried pop (soda) on the desk. I did not report the cleanliness issues to staff, but did when I completed the hotel's survey after I left. I was given the impression that if I had reported the issue, staff would have immediately addressed the problem.

My room was on the ground floor near a stairwell, but was very quiet. I did not hear any noise from the road, stairwell, or hallway. The bed was very comfortable and clean.

I used the pool during the adult swim, but there were no towels. I reported the issue to a staff member who immediately brought in more towels. That staff member was very personable, friendly, and had a genuine smile.

The hotel offered a free breakfast, but I did not try it. There are lots of great places to eat in the area.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the pool, the pool got pretty noisy
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2017

The roow with two beds was very spacious. I stayed here with my husband and daughter. As a family, we have stayed in at least 20 different hotels and this is the first one, I have felt at home in. The room had lots of space to move comfortably around. I loved that there was a dining table in the room, it was out of the way yet useful. Having a full kitchen was nice also: stove, refrigerator, dishwasher. The person at the counter was very helpful also, we were looking for an ice cream shop and she not only did her best to find places but she also went the extra mile to call and make sure they were open since it was already past 9pm - the Cold Stone Creamery is open until midnight :). I would definitely stay here again. We had a very positive experience.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Happy to have a one bedroom suite witb oven. Baking fun. Clay helped us pack and. Terry folded and dried wet clothes left. Behind . Amazing hot breakfast. Has indoor pool.
Staff helped with handicapped issues. Clay. Suggest they have handicapped bRs in rooms with big kitchen as we had to compromise.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple