See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 June 2015

This is a run down, old motel that does not feel safe. I don't think anything has been changed there since 1980. We were two females travelling alone. The only other other people staying there were men - it appeared to be mainly truck drivers. The parking lot is dark and the men were drinking outside. It just had an overall creepy feel to it. You get what you pay for - I should have known better. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peelybo
Reviewed 1 June 2015

I needed a place to stay for the week and thought this place was good enough. The photos on their site seem to be legitimate, plus it was cheap for a weekly rate.

Oh how wrong I was.

When I entered in the lobby, it looked very old and dated, not to mention dirty. I had called in advance just to make sure that they were doing weekly rates with I presume the manager on the phone. I was greeted by a middle aged woman who flat out refused to give me the weekly rates (for no reason) and decided to stay there a couple of nights. I was glad that I did not stay there the entire week, because the following weekend disaster will ensue.

The main hotel room looked decent enough, but the bathroom looked like it was falling apart (dirty tile, barely any toiletries offered, water wasn't even hot enough). Although be warned, the carpet does smell if it gets too humid as it doesn't look like its been cleaned in years. I was put into the front of the hotel and let me tell you, this place is not safe. Parties go on in the middle of the night, so if you want to try to sleep, then you'll have to sleep through the noise. I heard someone trying to make a drug deal in front of the hotel. Not to mention the hotel is located in the ghetto. I tried getting a refund but told was my fault that I did not complain about the noise early (was worried for my safety that night and put a chair up to the door, the door locks aren't great mind you). I also told the manager that there were shady characters outside the door and refused to believe me. Manager was really pushy on making me stay, but thank goodness I already had another reservation lined up somewhere else.

If you are concerned about your safety do not stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: needs to be shut down
Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank faerlyobvious
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed two nights at this hotel. It's close to Frankenmuth. We booked through a website. It was suppose to be $79.95 plus 11% tax. We were charged $90 (they said that was the tax). It's a rundown hotel that needs a lot of work but it's very cheap. The room was clean. We had a king bed that was comfortable. The bathroom had hot water and decent for the price. There was a new fridge and microwave in the room.

It was worth the price up until OUR DOOR WAS LEFT OPEN! This is a motel and so your door is open to outside parking lot and we faced the main road. The maid changed the towels but didn't clean the room, didn't make the bed and LEFT OUR DOOR OPEN! Luckily, we had taken anything of worth (my deodorant of all things). The only thing the hotel said was we're sorry.

Conclusion, cheap, clean but not safe.

Room Tip: The main road is quite noisy. Ask for a room not facing the road
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lesley L
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My family was planning a trip for last weekend. We should have know that this hotel was too good to be true! We pulled up and saw blinds and windows that were broken. The parking lot had big holes that needed to be fixed. There were a couple of people standing around the entrance with hoods over their heads. It gave me a creepy feeling! We checked the rooms and found that they were dirty, smelled & light fixtures that needed to be repaired. One of the rooms had a different color paint on each wall. The furniture had big chips in the veneer.
We told the manager that we did not want to stay there, but he told us that we would have to pay for one night. We did, but I am now disputing this with my credit card company.

Room Tip: If they won't give you a confirmation # for your reservation, go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Terri H
Reviewed 4 December 2012

This place should be condemned. It was absolutely filthy, the tub had black stains, paint was water stained in bathroom, no shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer, only two towels that smelled awful, and a hair ball on the floor. Wallpaper was coming off walls, door wouldn't stop anything, even with deadbolts. Bedding was stained and pillows flat. We were awakened at midnight by a drug deal going on outside our room. Music blaring, swearing and screaming going on. We feared for our lives and pulled out of there as soon as the vehicle took off. We didn't even go to management for refund as we were too scared. Our safety was worth more than the price we paid for this room and we had to leave to feel safe. We didn't care how much we had to pay for another room.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends