See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 September 2016

Well, this motel is ready for the chain's upgrade. House keeping must be an issue at this location, my room was just okay. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location was great, right off highway with very little traffic noise. Free WiFi, worked great.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2016

I have stayed here several times previously, mainly for the price, and each time it has deteriorated. There seems to be no commitment to maintenance, repair, or replacement. Nor to housekeeping. It was unacceptably dirty.

The first room, the A/C wouldn't work. I was switched to a room where it did. Unfortunately, later it wouldn't switch to heat, fan, or anything else.

The gal at the check-in desk was friendly and helpful, but . . .

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Red Roof Inn Saginaw - Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Bonnie,
Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

I stayed in room 215, and it was the worst motel experience of my life. The bed was filthy, the toilet was filthy, the sink was filthy, the floor was filthy, the walls were filthy, and the door was filthy. I do not have excessively high standards, and my expectations were appropriately low for a room that cost about $50 per night. But this room was just unacceptable. I literally would not stay there again even if it were free. Sleeping in the car would have been better. This place shouldn't be open in its current condition. I regret that I cleaned the toilet myself before taking photos, because that would have been the most disgusting one of all.

Unless there is a potential refund on the other end of the process, I don't want Motel 6 Guest Relations to respond with a phone number I can call. The photos provide plenty of evidence that the location is disgusting, and they alone should prompt some sort of action.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Adam P
Reviewed 21 March 2016

This is a budget motel, and if you go in looking for a resort, you are in the wrong place..but if you go in looking for a budget property then you are going to do well here. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly and the room was clean and well maintained. It had a microwave and refrigerator in it and the Wi-Fi - is high speed, so no issues getting my work done. The shower had plenty of pressure and was very clean. The property is not far from quite a few dining places. Very pleased with my stay, and will stay here on my next trip down state.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2015

First of all, this is a cheap motel, not a resort hotel. You can't have any expectations.

Yes, it is old and rundown. But the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. No mold in the bathroom and there was hot water in the shower. Free wifi was available as well.

This motel is a good place to stay if you fly in late and need a stay overnight before you continue your travel.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

It's located in Frankenmuth, where there is a wonderful little Bavarian town that is a must see if you're in the vicinity.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo