“Stay away from this nightmare!”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Saginaw, MI
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Reviewed 24 September 2017

The night I was there, the owner decided to have what looked like his entire family stay the night; including kids (or grand kids). The kids were allowed to run through the halls of the hotel. They were chasing each other screaming and laughing loudly. This went on from the time I got there until 10:45 pm. I called the front desk about this. The guy who answered the phone said that it was the owners kids and that others have complained as well. His reply to my complaint was these were the owners kids. The noise didn't stop. Apparently, the customers don't count for anything.

Aside from this problem, I noticed the pillows had yellow stains. The beds were old and saggy, and the toilet kept making "Breathing" noises. Needless to say, I had a sleepless night.

Room Tip: Don't bother with this place. The Sheridan across the street is the place to go.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Midiblast
Aaron S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Saginaw, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize . Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.
I have addressed this issue with our staff, as the front desk should have let the parents know what was happening.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

1  Thank Jessica S
Aaron S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Saginaw, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I stayed overnight on a Saturday to attend an ALL day training conference in the area. The check in went fine, the long trek to my room was annoying after driving so long. The room was adequate. Cracks on the safety bar in the tub were dirty, carpets and furniture were dirty and needed deep cleaning. The bed was too soft and the pillows were barely large enough to lay my head upon. I had no problem calling down at 7 pm to get a few things I had forgotten, shampoo (not in the bathroom) and toothpaste. I went to sleep at 10:00 and had to be up at 6:30 to make it to my conference. At 11:30 other guests across the hall were loud and slammed doors repeatedly. This went on every 15 minutes until 1am, At 1 am, I attempted to call to the front desk to alert the management and when I dialed 0 like before, I got a busy signal. I tried 3 times in a 30 minute period while loud conversations and children ran screaming up and down the hallway. At just after 2 am the noises stopped and I could get some sleep. I had to skip the free breakfast, (one of the reasons I booked this room) to get an extra 40 minutes of much needed sleep and get to my destination. I arrived very tired and hungry. Had I been able to get management to quiet other guests I would have had a more successful trip. I will not recommend this hotel, nor will I return.

Room Tip: Ask if there are large groups staying and ask to have a room on the opposite side of the building.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank FrannR187
Aaron S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Saginaw, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Should you have any concerns during or after your stay, please reach out to any of our employees directly.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

1  Thank untold2017

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
Aaron S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Saginaw, MI, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017