“Christmas Eve”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
National City, Michigan
“Christmas Eve”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I had received an e-mail,For 30% off if you book at Country inn and Suites. We always go to my husbands sisters home for X-mas eve.We needed a room for the night, So I booked there. We got the room for $54. All the other hotels around there were $98 or more. We got a king bed, Very nice room. Very clean! The hotel needs a sign on Tittabwasee Rd to help you find the driveway, Its hard to get in.Breakfast on X-mas morning was very good. They had eggs and potatos, waffles,oatmeal, cereal , fruit,all kinds of juice, milk. Glass cups and glasses.Very nice. Would stay there again! I like good deals!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank vickyll55
CISSaginaw, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saginaw, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
vickyll55,

Thank you for your great review and for choosing to stay with us on Christmas. The Breakfast Staff here at Country Inn & Suites Saginaw were very happy to hear you enjoyed your holiday meal so much. I know the entrance can be a little tricky right now, we are working to correct that. Thank you again and we look forward to your return stay with us.

Craig - Front Office Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed 17 October 2011

o 10/09/11 i stay one night at the country inn, suites in Saginaw,Mi. I was very tired that night. This Was by far I would have to say. The worse experience I have ever had in and hotel on any kind.The room look to be clean,so i went ahead and started too unpack. I went Too run some water in the jucuzzi. And as it was filling up we notice debris paper,dirt and the jucuzzi. So I said forget it we,ll take a shower.That morning i mention receptionist that told the manager that on duty. Who name is cherlon, this lady was very rude and disrespectful. I was explaining about hte condition on the room but she was (very very) Desrespctful. I was not asking for any thing just to let them know that room 254 was no clean properly there was no cause for that type of behavior. I was the one that pay $155.39 for a nasty room. And If I have to finish this report Better Business Bureau. And I do have PICTURE to show online.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank harris51031
CISSaginaw, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saginaw, responded to this review, 26 October 2011
harris51031,

I have very sorry to hear about your experience upon your last stay with us. I would love for you to give me a call so we can discuss this matter further. Our main line direct to the hotel is 989-792-7666. I awaiting your call and anxious to make it right.

Craig Paquette
Front Office Manager
Country Inn & Suites Saginaw, MI

Travellers are raving about these Saginaw hotels

Kitchener
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We spent a lovely September weekend at this hotel. The chain had emailed us an offer of 35% off if we stayed for two nights. We got a lovely, newly decorated room with a king sized bed for $51.99 per night. Even the lady at the reception desk couldn't believe the low rate, but cheerfully honoured it. As I said it was all new: carpets in the halls and room, lovely upholstered chairs in the room, king sized bed with wonderful mattress and duvet. The bathroom had a granite countertop. The room was also equipped with a chest of drawers,
wardrobe, flat screened TV., fridge and microwave. We would gladly stay here again! The breakfast was wonderful: eggs, waffles, potatoes, cereals, yogurt, etc.

Room Tip: Always request a quiet room--unless you are the party animals!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bailey144
CISSaginaw, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saginaw, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
Bailey114,

Thank you for your lovley review and help with spreading the word about our newly renovated property. Upon the entire staff here at the Country Inn & Suites of Saginaw, MI we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back again with us shortly.

Craig- Front Office Manager
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Clean bedroom, clean bathroom, nice fridge and microwave. Comfortable beds. Nice pillows. Great coffee. Nice morning breakfast buffet: waffles, eggs, potatoes, cereal, yogurt, apples, bananas. Clean breakfast room. Our room was listed at $75/night but I was traveling with my mom; we put the room in her name and got 10% off as a senior citizen discount, so it was only $67.50. A great deal.
It is near all of the other hotels and near the mall. It is behind Applebees. If you are approaching from the west, it is easy to enter. If you are approaching from the east, I think you have to drive between Lowes and Gander Mountain to get at the west hotel entrance. Finding the front of the hotel is a little tricky.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the first floor and this worked out well. I'm sure there is an elevator...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Snowflake78
Snowflake78,

I would like to thank you for looking past our temporary entrance issues and still giving us a positive review. We are all so happy that you enjoyed our "be our guest" complimentary breakfast and your guestroom. We will be awaiting your return to stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites of Saginaw, MI.

Craig - Front Office Manager
lansing
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I booked Country Inn and Suites for my wedding party and guests 6 months before my wedding. The manager I talked to was Matt, he was very nice and sold me when he said he would shuttle my guests back from the reception to the hotel. After sending out invites to my guests they began calling the hotel and were told there was no reservation under our name. I then called and was treated very poorly by Shalon who said Matt no longer works for them. She told me she is the new manager and nothing was entered into the computer for our bridal party and made me feel as if it was my fault. I asked her about the shuttle and she told me they don't do shuttle, and after arguing with me she agreed she would work something out. She never got back to me and never once tried to make this run smoothly for the bride to be. Therefor a large amount of my guests stayed elsewhere, because of the hassle. My husband and I did stay overnight. After leaving the hotel I realized I had left a keepsake handkerchief in the room. My mom called the hotel and the clerk told her they found it and she could come and pick it up. My mom and Aunt arrived and were met by the RUDE manager Shalon who argued about the keepsake and told them she didn't know anything about a handkerchief and she is the manager so she would know. One of the clerks then handed it to my mom and they left. Shalon is horrible in a work environment where customer service is important. I would be embarassed to have her a part of my hotel staff.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amanda4633
amanda4633,

I would like to apologize for the communication mix up with your group, I belive there was a mis-understanding with the stipulations about you recieveing a complimentary shuttle. If you would like to further discuss this matter or any other issue please do not hesitate to contact me at 989-792-7666.

Craig- Front Office Manager