“Unfair business practices”

Gratiot View Motel
Gratiot View Motel
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Reviewed 8 December 2016

Unable to use my two night stay due to car problems on my way to a funeral but even though I called the morning I was to arrive they refused to refund the second night. I had Expedia call them but he told them I told them that someone else coming to the funeral would use the room. That was an absolute lie. I'm out $100.00

Room Tip: Don't come here.
Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Beware of this motel. I had my credit card charged double before I even arrived at the motel. When I arrived my room was very disgusting and dirty including 10 cigarettes burns (YES 10) in the bedding, plus not 1 but 5 chewed pieces of chewing gum stuck to the top of the head board and a smell of I don't know what. The mattresses had no bed bug protection and instead seriously looked like there was bed bugs in the corners. I wasn't in the room 5 minutes before deciding it was not a good place to be. The Manager refused to refund my money since he'd already charged me for a two night stay. Telling Expedia that I had "collected" on my room so he did not owe me a refund. He did manage to refund the two additional night charges he had accidentally charged me but needless to say this hotel stole $100 from me and gave nothing but serious and a fear of taking home bedbugs in return.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2016

This is a decent place to stay. No 5 star but... it is still a nice place to go for not a lot of money. quick get away and nice people that work there as well. This also would be good for a traveler for work to say.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snowflake69
Reviewed 26 September 2016

We stopped in to reserva room there for our return trip. The woener let us see the room first. While small, the room was very clean, corners, bathroom and the bedding itself looked good. We paid half the fee then left, planning to come back through. On the way to our original destination, our car died. We called the motel and the owner cheerfully refunded my deposit. If we are ever there again, we will plan to stop again.

Room Tip: right across from Meijers Supermarket
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2016

You get less than you pay for: I woke up this morning, took a shower and came out to find a bed bug on the mattress where I was sleeping. EEK! I checked out in a hurry. I have stayed here several times during work over the past few months and this was a first. The rooms seemed clean and the price was low; but comforters don't match shams, or curtains, cigarette burns in bedding, towels are rough/abrasive and torn. I was given a half used container of shampoo on this stay. There is limited cell phone or wifi connectivity in the rooms and you have to stand outside to have a decent conversation. I tolerated the cosmetics based on location and price but I cannot tolerate the bed bugs or used shampoo. So upset

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business