“Great spot for Consistent Mediterranean Food”
Review of Boukie's Grill

Boukie's Grill
Ranked #23 of 218 Restaurants in Royal Oak
Reviewed 27 January 2016

Great, consistent food and friendly staff. We have dined in, but usually carry-out. Overall, a pretty good value. We do wish the "Private Property / No Trespassing" Sign would disappear. This gives a feel of being in the ghetto, rather than lively, downtown Royal Oak. I understand the Owners' desire to keep the patio area free of random people so the space can only be used by customers, but I don't think they realize how many would-be customers they're likely turning away as a result.... Had we not visited many times prior to the sign's arrival, we would pass them up every time ourselves.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

We ordered carryout from Boukie's the other night and it was delicious. We got the family combo platter which was all around fantastic. It included a good portion of tabouli, hummous, and baba which were all great. The falafel was super spicy and flavorful. The beef and chicken shawarma were also very tasty and the bread was fresh. My husband said the staff was extremely friendly and there is parking behind the restaurant for easy access. You can't beat the location in downtown Royal Oak. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 20 December 2015

Let me say first the main course was very good!!(lamb and sweet peas special) huge portion great flavor. The salad on the other hand had zero flavor to the dressing and the service was hopeless. We had a young waitress who is really in need of more training. The boss/owner? was wandering around oblivious to the quality of service which was surprising since there were only 4 tables occupied. First no offer of a drink, and worst the only bussing I saw going on was the Smart bus going down 11 mile. Our finished salad and bread plates were never taken away even though we had to make room for our dinner plates and when we were done the server struggled to find an open spot to set the bill down (still didn't pick up a plate). On leaving I noticed the same scenario at the other three tables. Poor service happens poor management inexcusable.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Went there with my 15y old son,after a basketball game(he was hungry)as someone who was born in Israel ,aim always try to find good Middle Eastren restaurant ,and Boukie's Grill is one of them,not only that,he remains me of my home land.My son order the shish kabab with fries and I order the lebanoies salad with chicken shawarma on top,the meat was cook perfect,love the flavers,in 15 m the foot was gone,the service was great and the prices are ok for what you get,definitely coming back.

Reviewed 28 November 2015

Huge fans of Boukies when they were located on 5th, we were happy to see the restaurant resurface on Main Street at Eleven Mile with the same great Mediterranean food; including their signature warm-from-the-oven buns and delicious white garlic sauce.

Even if you are unfamiliar with Mediterranean food, you can’t go wrong here. Boukies Grill offers a broad selection of appetizers, side dishes, salads, sandwiches and entrees. The lentil soup is delicious.

Boukies also offers a great selection of fruit smoothies as well as healthier combos like carrot and beet juice, said to be a blood restorative. Fruit drinks are available in quart sizes for take-out as well. Service is attentive and the waitstaff is happy to explain menu items.

We stopped in for lentil soup, an order of meat pies and Arrayes (Thin char-broiled pita with lamb, beef, onions, parsley and spices). I also tried an apple, banana and honey smoothie.

The food is delicious. You really can’t go wrong here. Boukies Grill is assuredly worth a stop.