Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$ 116
Hotels.comUS$ 126
Expedia.comUS$ 126
FindHotelUS$ 126
TravelocityUS$ 126
getaroom.comUS$ 181
All reviews retro style a short cab ride walking distance to downtown mini fridge nice stay comfortable bed tiles
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 January 2021 via mobile

Overall great experience for New Years! Excellent customer service didn’t even wait past a minute to get a response! Also, the hotel updated to modern style and looks great. Akia was fantastic as well!!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Holly Brasure, General Manager at Hotel Royal Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for the fantastic review! I am glad we got to share your New Years with you! Come stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 22 December 2020 via mobile

Hotel Royal Oak is super chill, immaculately clean, and Holly is a pleasure at the front desk. The location is very convenient to everything. I’ve been coming here for years, and I’ll keep coming back!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 December 2019 via mobile

Four friends stayed at this cute hotel in Royal Oak. Walking distance to downtown. Clean. Small-could use a few more hooks or shelves in the bathroom, but great shower head! Double beds, so cozy! Good temperature.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
MichaelHotelRoyalOak, General Manager at Hotel Royal Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2019

We hear you... more hooks... more shelves.. we get it... Thanks you for your wonderful review... we are very appreciative...! The rain shower heads are very different & super relaxing....and we love quaint & clean...so us!

Short walk to Main & Washington Streets, Downtown Royal Oak is great fun with over 50 restaurants & bars, something for every taste with great entertainment...

Come back and visit soon... we look forward to seeing you again!

Best Wishes & Happy Holidays!
Michael Danella
michael@hotelroyaloak.com

Reviewed 18 August 2019

You're about to read a review about a fantastic place.

My stay at Hotel Royal Oak was very pleasant! I had heard about about it through a friend and their suggestion surely did not disappoint. That was my third visit to the Detroit Metro Area and I decided to explore a bit more outside the general downtown zone.

First, I think the strength of HRO resides in their unmatchable service. Every interaction I had with the staff was more than agreeable. People were friendly and made me feel very welcome and that's what you need after a 9-hour drive to Windsor + a commute into Detroit. Checking in went smoothly and the lady at the front desk seemed actually very interested in giving me pointers about how to get around, where to eat, etc. Those people want you to have a good time and it shows.

Location is simply perfect. It's a 10-minute walk ( and that's if you're a bit of a slowpoke) to get to Main Street where you basically find everything. Coming back from the bar a tad tipsy will be easy-peasy. If you're coming in from Downtown Detroit, it's a short cab ride. Easy to get to, really. I was travelling alone and, as a young female individual, Royal Oak felt safe.

I had booked the H Premium Queen room on the second floor and it was cozy, tidy, and actually a bit bigger than expected. I particularly loved the tiles in the bathroom. There's an overall retro style to HRO and that's very cool if you ask me. The sliding doors are just another detail that adds to the general quirkiness of the place. The level of cleanliness of the bathroom was top and that's very important. It was also airy and smelled nice. Some actual really inviting bodywash, shampoo, and lotion is provided ; none of those cheap products you normally find in other hotels that you end up using reluctantly. Finally, the bed. Yes, the bed. Super comfortable. I managed to sleep in and I had not done that in such a loooong time. It gives you an idea of how snug it was.

To sum up, I'd say that my favourite thing about Hotel Royal Oak is the staff. You see, I know that if I would have had any problem, they would have fixed it in a timely manner. I didn't though. I swear, I was looking for something to go wrong just to talk to them. Alas, nothing negative to report. ;-)

I'll most certainly be back.

Date of stay: August 2019
MichaelHotelRoyalOak, General Manager at Hotel Royal Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2019

Oh My Amelie... you have left me speechless!!!! Wait till the team reads your spectacular review... they will
be as well... The great thing about our staff: they are all different individuals from various backgrounds
BUT their commonality is their uniqueness, spirit and their wonderful individual personalities. They do not
strive to offer great service it is inherent within them. They are wonderful humans!
THANK YOU!
So very pleased you enjoyed the amenities and especially the cleanliness and comfort of your room.
NICE! THANKS AGAIN!

Downtown Royal Oak is great fun and so very happy you found the overall area safe and just minutes from
the Hotel....really important to us!

In closing please see the first sentence...

Our Very Best Wishes & Kindest Regards,
The Staff & Management Hotel Royal Oak

Reviewed 12 August 2019 via mobile

We stayed on a 2nd floor room with a king bed and wet bar. Our overall impression and experience was pretty good, with some minor issues that were inconvenient but not disastrous.

The main room was fairly spacious, but felt really damp and smelled very musty. The decor was hip and fun, including bar stools and a retro chandelier that was a cross between a Transformer and the Death Star.

Having a sink at the wet bar and a mini fridge was incredibly convenient. Sadly, the coffee pot was cracked and barely worked. We had difficulty enjoying that feature and didn't have time to replace it due to very early morning obligations to our group.

The bathroom was small but complete and had what looked like original tile work. The sliding door looks cute in pictures but is both impractical and noisy. It also lacks privacy, as the edge of the granite bar leaves the door open with a 1 inch gap even when "closed."

Facility was fairly quiet during our stay and we had no noise problems. The reception staff was friendly and helpful, especially when we needed to to arrange/pay for a late check out due to travel complications. And the breakfast voucher for a diner two doors down was nice. There is a pre-set menu for no cost (basic but filling options) or a $2 discount off of the bigger, fancier items.

Friends live just two miles away, and the convenience of this hotel means we might stay again in the future. I'd probably try a different room. The bathroom door was not convenient.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MichaelHotelRoyalOak, General Manager at Hotel Royal Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2019

Thanks for your comments so very happy you enjoyed your visit. As we always remind our guest if something isn't right just let us know and we will fix or replace immediately, as in the case of your in room coffee. The bathroom doors are really cool and are so designed to leave a small gap--------------------this is one inch, to assist with ventilation and I can't be sure of "noisy". If you would like a solid door we do have them available, just request!

Glad you enjoyed our breakfast right next door at the Village Grill, free items & the ability to receive a discount if you are really hungry. Each choice served to you while seated and cooked to order, coffee & tea included.

Hope to see you again soon!

Best Wishes,