“Not as good as it used to be.. ”

Little Tree Sushi Bar
Ranked #49 of 218 Restaurants in Royal Oak
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We visited on a Monday night. It was fairly busy for a week night. We were seated quickly. However, we were not greeted by our server for at least 10 minutes. I was almost ready to walk out when our server finally appeared. She asked for our drink order. No "Hello, sorry it took so long...". Just asked what we wanted to drink. It was odd. I asked if there were any specials and received a confused response. I could have sworn they used to have a special sushi roll of the day and other items. In fact, there was a board by the sushi bar that listed a few specials that I noticed on our way out. Again, odd. We had several sushi rolls. It was okay. Nothing spectacular. Nothing unusually good. Just okay. With Ronin down the street and Noble Fish in Clawson, I don't think we will be returning to Little Tree.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Nothing to write home about. Not bad! Just not over average. The sushi is fresh but one would expect that. Might be worth the few minutes time it would take you to research a sushi bar in the area with better reviews.
$6.25 for 6 piece California Roll.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I've tried this place only once so maybe I'll give another chance and I'll change my idea but the only two positive things that I've found was the waiter Joy - very polite- and the cheesecake -very very tasty!
The waitress at the entry was very unkind and sourpuss, the location needs to be renovated: Belle Époque lamps or similar, IKEA chandelier and wood benches all together... what's the possible reason? I really believe that when you go out for a dinner, you don't go only for eating but also for an experience! Food was average, not so good and not so bad.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

This restaurant has great sushi. It is a comfortable atmosphere that had a mix of people dressed for a night out and those in jeans and a t-shirt.
There is a full bar but no draft beer.
Service was friendly but on the slow side.
The patio is a nice option for people watching.
If you like a little kick, try the lava roll - it was tasty!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Like many of the other reviewers, I have been a customer for MANY years - at least 15 years. Every time I go I seem to be somewhat more disappointed than the last and today hit an ALL TIME LOW. And it takes an all time low for me to write a bad review. We ordered take out and when I got home with our sushi, there was no wasabi or ginger. I know this seems trivial, but it's a big part of having sushi. And that's not the real reason for the low rating...So I called the restaurant and the guy who answered put me on hold to go get his manager - Darren. Darren said he was sorry and he would give us extra next time we came in. REALLY?(Can't I just get extra wasabi and ginger if I ask??) I said I'd really like to come back and have you get the order right, which means remaking it because really, who wants to eat raw fish in the summer that's been sitting out for well over 45 minutes by the time I'd get around to eating it (not to mention the cold pad thai that we'd be eating as well.)?! He said he couldn't justify remaking an order just because they forgot the ginger and wasabi. Seriously? You're going to lose a long time customer over a 40.00 meal?? I asked if there was any one above him that I could talk to and he said I could call Kurt or Dave - the GM's - in the morning. Really? To think I'm going to waste anymore time on them. I see some of the other reviewers have had issues with the management as well. Same guy? Definitely go to NOBLE FISH for your sushi. It's much less expensive, incredibly fresh and less pretense. If you need the Royal Oak night life, I encourage you to just go somewhere else. (Maybe Ronin?) I also agree with many of the other reviewers that the food hasn't tasted quite as fresh as it has in years past. The Pad Thai was awful tonight as well. New owners? New cooks? New Management? I don't know. I just know that they have lost a long time customer.