“Lunch before our flight”

Sunny's Coney Island
Ranked #15 of 91 Restaurants in Romulus
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

My friend and I ate here before our flight. We have eaten at other Coney Island restaurants as vegans before and had a few options. Unfortunately at this one we were left with fries and salad. Prices were reasonable and portions were large. Restaurant was dated and needed a bit of deep cleaning.

1  Thank Erin B

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Kind of hole in the wall place near the Detroit Airport. Great portions and good omelets. Staff is super friendly and helpful. If you want a local diner with good simple food, great value and nice staff check this place out.

1  Thank Rick B
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Great breakfast spot! We intentionally left a bit early one morning, to avoid as much morning rush hour traffic as possible, on our way to the airport.
We were hungry and decided to find a breakfast spot in close proximity to the airport.
We arrived shortly after the restaurant opened and were greeted by a very pleasant waitress who seated us. We ordered the breakfast special (eggs, meat choice, hash brown/sliced potatoes, and toast. We requested the potatoes crispy or well done. The food came and was excellent. We ordered the sausage as our meat choice and it was delicious. The potatoes were cooked to perfection, and the portion size was large. Our waitress kept our coffees full and was very attentive.
We highly recommend this restaurant for breakfast.

1  Thank 333donnat
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I have passed by Sunny's Coney Island a few hundred times and on each pass-by, I think to myself, I must stop here one day. Well, today was the day and I'm glad I did. A long time buddy of mine and I often go to breakfast so I chose Sunny's. The coffee was a medium roast with a good aroma and flavor. My only concern, was no Splenda (yellow) but they had both pink and blue. Our waitress often visited our table to make sure we had everything and to keep our coffee cups full. I wanted to try something different, so I opted for the country fried steak which came with two eggs, toast and fresh cut country fries. Upon our waitress serving the meal, my eyes popped wide open and muttered, wow. The country fries were cooked, not only on one side, both sides were crunchy, just the way I like. The eggs and potatoes came on a large platter and it was heaping full. Normally, I have seen breakfast country fried steak come with about 3oz's of meat and a dab of gravy. This steak came on a medium platter, was about 10 oz's, slathered in sausage gravy and again, the platter was heaping full. My grilled rye toast was perfectly browned and the bread slices were extra large. This was a huge breakfast for a very modest price. My buddy had the french toast with extra thick slices of bread and no skimping on the egg batter It was sprinkled with confectioners sugar. It was served on a large platter. It took two boxes to bring home my left overs for at least one if not two additional breakfasts. I'll be bring bringing my wife here and we'll be looking for many additional meals.

1  Thank Apirada M
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Every thing you want in a diner. It was clean, with a great selection of great tasting food. at great prices. They had the most amazing waitress i have ever seen. great service.

Been to Sunny's Coney Island? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK