“Great customer service”

Detroit Metro Airport Marriott
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 July 2017

I arrived at the Marriott after a drive from Defiance, OH for a week long work related training. The person who checked me in (Mary) was sweet, personable, and exceptionally helpful. She made my check in process easy and comfortable. (She is great with her customers and should be recognized!!) When I went out to my vehicle to get my bags, she walked out to give me a breakfast voucher. I told her I had to leave early the next morning so she said she would apply that for dinner. I asked her about the shuttle and when it ran. She said the airport shuttle ran 24 hours per day and what the schedule of pickups were. Once I deposited my bags in my room, I took my rental car to the airport to return and took the shuttle back to the hotel.
This made my early morning return trip so much easier! I decided to have room service for dinner. The dining selections were limited but I made my selection and called it in. They told me 45 minutes but it came so much quicker! The staff was nice, professional and accommodating.
The room was very nice - amenities were the single serve coffee maker, the refrigerator but no microwave. The TV remote was a bit worn as it was difficult to change channels. The soap, bath gel, shampoo and conditioner were very nice and easy to use (unlike the ones at the Hampton where you have to beat the product out of them.)
The fitness center had plenty of cardio equipment and a bit of weights. The pool and spa (even though I did not use) looked very inviting and fun.
I recommend this Marriott just on the great customer service!!

Room Tip: Any room is great!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 20 July 2017

What a great review, Cazzintexas! We love your headline. More importantly, we love that you enjoyed your visit. It truly makes our work worthwhile to read your remarks and we hope to see you again on your next visit. Safe travels

Reviewed 11 July 2017

On June 23, 2017, there was an area wide power outage in the early morning hours. Hotel staff did an excellent job of doing their best to ameliorate the adverse situation for guests. Would recommend this hotel for future stay near the airport.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 20 July 2017

We love your insights and truly appreciate you sharing them with the tripadvisor community. We hear your comments and thank you for the recommendation.
Thanks again for the great review and we can't wait to see you next time!
Safe Travels

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

The Marriott is full service, so there is restaurant, bar, shuttle service to the airport.
The staff was very friendly. The room was clean and quiet. Everything seemed to work correctly in the room. The remote did have a sleep function. The only real negatives were the bed was little soft, but not the worst hotel bed I've slept in. The clock was very small.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 20 July 2017

Thank you for your kind review and helpful advice. As a tripadvisor contributor, your terrific feedback means even more to us and the traveling community. Thank you for your praise and we can't wait to see you on your next visit!
Safe Travels

Reviewed 8 July 2017

After a long, exhausting, 10 hour car trip into Michigan. I finally reached my destination at Courtyard Romulus at 2:30am. Jackie greeted me with a warm, sincere smile and checked me right into my room. The room was clean, quiet and the bed was beyond comfortable. Neiko Gunn the properties General Manager was so accommodating during my stay. Because I wasn't certain how long I'd be in town due to family circumstances. She extended my stay daily with no hesitations. I couldn't recommend a better Courtyard to stay at if you're visiting Michigan. Every person on staff that I encountered was truly delightful!

Room Tip: Request room next to elevators. I never heard anyone in the halls or adjoining rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 20 July 2017

Thank you for your excellent feedback. We have many dedicated associates to service your needs. Looking forward to your next visit,

Reviewed 3 July 2017

The staff was very very friendly!!! But I couldn't bare to give more than five stars due to the fact of the room service! So when we first got to the room we saw sheets and towels laying on the dresser. There was pubic hair stuck to the ceiling and on the top of the toilet tank. The bed looked like they tried to fold the sheets but you could see they were wrinkled so bad and smelled you could see they were never changed! So we complained and they said they would take care of it when we got back from our meeting. So we got back sheets still wrinkled but smelled better. Next day we woke up and my pulled the sheets up from the bottom where they tuck them so tight you normally don't lift it up. There was a huge yellow pee stain!!!!! We couldn't believe it! I then lifted my Moms bed sheets up and saw multiple sick stains! They did refund our room for the night even though we stayed two but the experience in itself was way to overwhelming and will never be forgotten.

Room Tip: Get a first floor the ceilings will be taller because they are small rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank caddydaddy517
Management response:Responded 6 July 2017

What a terrible experience and review... Your stay was very disappointing and frustrating and for that, I'm very sorry. I am glad to hear they did adjust one night off for the poor experience. We will make every effort address the issues you've described. We hate the idea of having upset a customer, as you clearly are, and we wish you safe travels.
Jamison Janda

Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
1.1 km away
4.1 km away
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
0.2 km away
Courtyard Detroit Metro Airport Romulus

Been to Detroit Metro Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK