“Cheap rates and average rooms”

Rodeway Inn Metro Airport
Ranked #26 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Ypsilanti
“Cheap rates and average rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

You get what you pay for. A cheap room. Older TV's and the nonsmoking room smelled of smoke. The service was good and the desk clerk Kim was friendly and professional

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2011

I have never been so disgusted and disturbed by a hotel stay EVER.

I only needed to stay for six hours because I was far too tired to drive home from the airport after a red eye flight. I knew that for 40 dollars I wasn't getting the Ritz, but I NEVER expected giant dogs roaming the property, pubic hair in the sheets, dirty bathrooms, and being expected to sleep in the cold!

My room was switched three times after I begged for my money to be refunded not five full minutes after going into the first room with hair in the sheets. The second room had no heat at all. The third rooms heaters had no control buttons. My FIFTH trip to the office, I convinced the clerk to come over to the room to adjust the heater, which he did, and the heater promptly rewarded me with blast of cold air. The clerk said that it would warm up in ten or fifteen minutes. It didn't.

After an hour of huddling in a chair in the cold, I went back to the office and begged for a refund so that I could just leave. He said that I could have a refund, but wanted to charge me 15 dollars for the shuttle. The FREE shuttle. It took 20 minutes of pleading, and finally throwing a swearing, cursing tantrum to get my money back. I ended up walking across the street.

Do yourself a favor, if money's tight and you only need to be there for a little while, just go to the Quality Inn across the street. Clean, pretty comfortable, and, most importantly, not the Rodeway Inn.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Phantaja
rodewayinnmetroairpo, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn Metro Airport, responded to this review, 24 June 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Rodeway Inn Romulus for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Maintenance staff was notified of the problem you experienced with the heater and instructed to see to it that it is working properly.

3) Registration staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which we treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at the Rodeway Inn Romulus. I think you will be greatly pleased.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

My wife and i rented a room for a week a day or two after she fell threw the bathroom floor not mean but lucky her an not my two 2 yr olds the floor was rotted and carotted lucky she caught herself and spraind her ankle they had enough nerve to move us 3 times and say if u stay another week we will knock 25 bucks off outta 175

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank HardWorker87
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) We contacted management to make sure that all was done to care for your wife’s injury.

2) Maintenance and management were spoken to about the condition of that bathroom floor, They were instructed to see to it that the floor was properly repaired.

3) Management staff received additional instruction in the courteous manner in which we treat our valued guests.

Sincerely.
Bay City, Mi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2009

I had a meeting in detroit for 2 days So i was looking for a room with good rates.So I calles the Motel And booked my reservations. I went to trip advisor and read the reviews,I was About to cancel the reservations,But I thought let me give it a chance. I ended up staying up for 4 nights and the Internet worked fine NICE ROOMS FOR THE PRICE I PAID,BASICALLY PEOPLE SHOILD THINK BEFORE THEY WRITE & ALSO THEY ARE EXPECTING A RESORT IN A PRICE OF MOTEL ROOMS. I WAS HAPPY WITH MY STAY NO COMPLAINS.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2008

The Rodeway Inn Romulus was awful. I went to Detroit for a bowling Tournament and the one lady i was with took care of everything for us. Usually i don't have any problems just for a shower and sleeping but the first day we asked not to have our room cleaned so we thought they'd at least come the second day. NO i had to empty my trash and the lady took the towels out to wash so when i went to ask for more the man stated i needed to bring him the dirty ones which i did not have. He gave me some then acted like i'd stole them. We would all go out then come back and the key card didn't work. The pooled didn't work etc. i wanted to use the internet and the girl stated " is the mouse there" she said she had it and she needed to use it. overall i hated it and would not recommend it. thank you

Stayed June 2008
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn Romulus for your recent stay in our area. I hope that you and your friends had a wonderful time at your bowling tournament.

1) Housekeeping staff was told to make sure that when cleaning isn’t wanted one day they know if it is wanted the next day. They also were told that if they take the towels, etc, they see to it that they are replaced.

2) Maintenance staff was instructed to see to it that the pool is in proper working order.

3) The desk staff received additional instruction in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests. They also were instructed to see to it that the key cards work properly.

I hope that the next time you visit in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn Romulus. I think you will be greatly pleased.