“Family Trip”
Review of Hopunion Gastropub

Hopunion Gastropub
Reserve with OpenTable
Hopunion Gastropub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 91 Restaurants in Romulus
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Description: Taste the good life at HopUnion Gastropub. Stop by the recently renovated HopUnion Gastropub for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Reviewed 24 August 2018

One night we were just tired, and instead of looking for another restaurant, we decided to eat at the hotel. Weren't disappointed. Ate on the patio and it rained! We just pulled all the available umbrellas around our table and toughed it out. Laughed and had fun. Not too wet. Food was good, Service was excellent. Lots of beers on tap, and they did not mind giving sample tastes. It was so convenient.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Our server, who I believe was also the bartender, was cheerful and took the time to help us choose our brews from the large selection offered. The other server even stopped to chat briefly while clearing our plates. The 98 Problems IPA was delicious.
And I repeat: Brisket nachos!

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Great food. Menu doesn't have a ton of options but what we had was good! The menu said they have blueberry cheesecake and when I asked about it, they said they didn't have any, so I was bummed about that! They only had 1 waitress so the service was on the slower side but she did the best she could.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I had their shaved prime rib sandwich, it was very good. Maybe it was because we had been in airports all day and it was 1am but the fries were some of the best I've ever had. My wife and daughter had the "loaded homemade chips", soft pretzel and French onion soup.. All were very good.

The only complaint we had was that there were 2 males patrons discussing a "hookup" on their speakerphone. We asked to move to the other side of the bar area (which the hostess accommodated nicely), the 2 then offered to "buy us a drink" for bothering them (which we declined).

heather h, General Manager at Hopunion Gastropub, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thanks for staying with us! I am glad to hear you enjoyed our Hopunion Gastropub and our server was able to accommodate you. I hope the rest of your travels were uninterrupted. Have an amazing day!

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Service was very fast and helpful, but the food was simply undercooked, kinda gross, and very over priced. Beer selection was good, but also very overpriced. Would avoid.

heather h, General Manager at Hopunion Gastropub, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Hi- Thank you for joining us at Hopunion Gastropub. I am sorry to hear your experience was not outstanding. I have addressed our food and beverage team about the quality of your food. I am pleased to hear our staff was fast and helpful and you enjoyed our beer selection. Thank you for taking time to provide us with your valuable feedback.