See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Unique, eclectic, and a welcome like no other! This refurbished laundry will clean out all your worries and leave you relaxed and refreshed. Did this all just wash ashore here and pull itself together? Or did Cindy and Larry combine imagination, determination, and several bushels of pixie dust and create a dreamy sanctuary for us to enjoy? A "Pure Michigan" gem...with a tranquil shore...and a guaranteed treasured memory. .

Room Tip: You are going to have to visit several times to stay in each of the distinctly different rooms and enjoy the varied charm of each one.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom R
Reviewed 12 September 2018

I stayed at the Purple Martin Inn last weekend while I was visiting family. I arrived on Friday night and was warmly greeted by Cindy and Larry, Dee, and two other guests who were staying there. They were gathered around a beautiful wooden plank table in the kitchen sharing stories, laughing, and having great conversation. A wonderful welcome after a long drive.

I stayed in "Ruthie's Room" which was tastefully decorated and has a view of Lake Huron. The room has a private shower and the bed was very comfortable. It was a quiet and relaxing environment to sleep in.

The kitchen has a Keurig coffee maker (and a regular coffee maker) and the breakfast was delicious both days. Bananas Foster and waffles, fresh fruit, meat and cheeses, and bakery treats. Sunday I was treated to breakfast pierogi made by a company in Hamtramck. Dee, Karen, and Ruthie are amazing staff that clearly love the Inn and it shows.

Larry is an avid purple martin watcher. There are several birdhouses behind the building and he has a camera feed from them into a large tv in the kitchen. The birds had already migrated so I did not get to see them.

The owners and staff were so kind and genuine - I felt like I had known them much longer than just a weekend by the time I left. I will definitely stay at the Purple Martin Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family