“Nice hotel with good price”

Red Roof Inn Detroit Rochester Hills
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Rochester Hills
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Booked with really good discount rate due to Redicard email that was perfectly timed for our trip to the north Detroit area. Decent area just off Rt 59 exit, north of the city. Isolated location, so no riff-raff was observed on the cold and rainy night of our stay in late October. Room was quiet on 2nd floor facing away from the McDonalds next door and facing highway with second building as buffer. Pleasant staff. Free coffee in the lobby. Watch for nickel and diming for additional services, ala the airlines business model. Clean room and bathroom. Beds OK. Decent shower, and a separate sink basin from shower and toilet. No microwave, no minifridge with my rate. Hotel room safe is 1.50 per night.

Room Tip: We did not use elevator to 2nd floor, so no idea if that is OK.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
RedRoof191, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Rochester Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your stay. We are glad our location worked out well for your visit. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are staying in the area.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Showed up with a guaranteed reservation at 10PM. Was told that we could not check in because of a computer outage. Was told to call the 1-800 number. Never offered even so much as a water - let alone any help in getting another room. Stayed in the car with two tired kids until computer came back online. The person at the 1-800 number stated that they should still be able to get me in a room and take care of the paperwork later - but the desk clerk said they could not. Was not told how long it would be - waited for 45 minutes in the car. Finally reserved a room 15 minuted away at a different hotel for twice the price but at least we had a bed to lay the kids down in.

If I had not shown I would have charged for my room, so how can a place not give us a room with a guaranteed reservation? The absolute worst.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Sorry for the issues you had while trying to check in that night. There was a computer outage taking place at the time you were checking in. The GSR had no way to verify a reservation or room for anyone at the time. I apologize that the GSR did not handle the situation in a more helpful way and have reviewed this with the staff to be sure if something like this ever happens again they can handle it and take care of our guests.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

I think the oddest thing about this motel is that it's in the parking lot of a McDonalds and across the street from a Burger King...the combination is very Americana.

The place was clean and the service was decent, and it's close enough drive to a few shopping centers or a drive into Detroit.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
RedRoof191, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Rochester Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for your review. We are glad our location worked out well for your visit and we hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

When we first arrived, our room reeked of smoke. It was so bad that I went down and asked for another room. Kendra upgraded our room for no charge. Overall, it was an okay experience. It was very close to the palace.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

We are sorry your first room smelled of smoke, we inform our guests of the no smoking rule and the $200 fee if they do smoke in or near the room. I am glad Kendra was able to take care of the issue for you and hope you will give us another chance to earn your business the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

During my stay on July 12-13, I left in a hurry and my personal pillow was left behind. Since I have back problems, it is very important to me. I realized I forgot my pillow an hour after I checked out. I called the desk and Beth answered. She assured me the staff will retrieve the pillow and keep it safe at the front desk for me. I had a funeral ceremony so I didn't really want to think about the pillow. I was able to return 4 hours later and pick up my pillow. Beth greeted me at the door and was happy to help me out. She also mentioned the cleaning staff person Sonya was able to assist her. Thank you for your teamwork Beth and Sonya. My stay was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

We are happy that we could help you get your pillow back. I will share your comments with the rest of the staff. We look forward to your next visit and hope it will under better circumstances.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester Hills
5.8 km away
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75
2.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Detroit North-Rochester Hills
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Det...
#1 of 4 in Rochester Hills

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Rochester Hills? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK