US$ 164
US$ 74
US$ 72
US$ 179
US$ 143
All reviewsroom was cleanfront desksecond buildingplace to stayvisit familyworked greatthe check in processparking lotcoffee potother hotels in the areawonderful stayconcertmotelmicrowavedryerredicardrates
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Showed up with a guaranteed reservation at 10PM. Was told that we could not check in because of a computer outage. Was told to call the 1-800 number. Never offered even so much as a water - let alone any help in getting another room. Stayed in the car with two tired kids until computer came back online. The person at the 1-800 number stated that they should still be able to get me in a room and take care of the paperwork later - but the desk clerk said they could not. Was not told how long it would be - waited for 45 minutes in the car. Finally reserved a room 15 minuted away at a different hotel for twice the price but at least we had a bed to lay the kids down in.

If I had not shown I would have charged for my room, so how can a place not give us a room with a guaranteed reservation? The absolute worst.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rich P
RedRoof191, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit- Auburn Hills/Rochester Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Sorry for the issues you had while trying to check in that night. There was a computer outage taking place at the time you were checking in. The GSR had no way to verify a reservation or room for anyone at the time. I apologize that the GSR did not handle the situation in a more helpful way and have reviewed this with the staff to be sure if something like this ever happens again they can handle it and take care of our guests.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

I think the oddest thing about this motel is that it's in the parking lot of a McDonalds and across the street from a Burger King...the combination is very Americana.

The place was clean and the service was decent, and it's close enough drive to a few shopping centers or a drive into Detroit.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
RedRoof191, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit- Auburn Hills/Rochester Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for your review. We are glad our location worked out well for your visit and we hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

When we first arrived, our room reeked of smoke. It was so bad that I went down and asked for another room. Kendra upgraded our room for no charge. Overall, it was an okay experience. It was very close to the palace.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

We are sorry your first room smelled of smoke, we inform our guests of the no smoking rule and the $200 fee if they do smoke in or near the room. I am glad Kendra was able to take care of the issue for you and hope you will give us another chance to earn your business the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

During my stay on July 12-13, I left in a hurry and my personal pillow was left behind. Since I have back problems, it is very important to me. I realized I forgot my pillow an hour after I checked out. I called the desk and Beth answered. She assured me the staff will retrieve the pillow and keep it safe at the front desk for me. I had a funeral ceremony so I didn't really want to think about the pillow. I was able to return 4 hours later and pick up my pillow. Beth greeted me at the door and was happy to help me out. She also mentioned the cleaning staff person Sonya was able to assist her. Thank you for your teamwork Beth and Sonya. My stay was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

We are happy that we could help you get your pillow back. I will share your comments with the rest of the staff. We look forward to your next visit and hope it will under better circumstances.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

In the area again, checked rates and here was the best. This stay was as good as the last time. Love the location, lots of places to eat close by; employees are all very nice and helpful. When you need a place to stay in the Rochester Hills area and don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it, this is the place. Thanks again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda C
RedRoof191, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit- Auburn Hills/Rochester Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Glad that you came back to see us again and that your stay was good this time also.
I will share your comments with the staff. Thank you for sharing your comments with others and we look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in the area.