“Consistently A Good Place to Stay”

Red Roof Inn Detroit- Auburn Hills/Rochester Hills
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rochester Hills
Reviewed 23 October 2016

I return to this location time after time. Friendly staff. Clean updated rooms. Quiet location with trees and a pond behind it. McDonalds on site and lots of other choices to eat nearby. A great place to stay if visiting Great Lakes Crossing mall or Chrysler Museum, Oakland University or the Village at Auburn Hills. Downtown Rochester not far away.

Room Tip: Maybe avoid the side of the building that faces McDonalds due to possible drive-thru speaker noise.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
RedRoof191, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit- Auburn Hills/Rochester Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Thank you for the kind words about your stay, We are glad that you keep coming back to see us when you are in the area, and that this location works out well for you. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

I need to get better at judging places to stay. I like to think I can depend on the reviews of places. The room itself was small, everything was small. I'm a 6'1" woman and I felt like a giant in the bathroom. The good thing about the bathroom was the great shower pressure. Was not in the room that much, that was a good thing.

When we first got there a housekeeper right outside our door was arguing with someone else; it felt very ghetto-like. I like the location of the hotel, it's a better area off the highway. There's a great restaurant down the road CK Diggs, I'll review that next. Bed comfy and big.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara H

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry that the size of our rooms did not work well for you, but the location did. There are a lot of good restaurants and shopping areas within a short distance from our Inn. For the price and quality you cant beat us in this area. We hope that you will try us again if you are in the area, and try one of our Superior King or Deluxe Doubles that are our larger rooms.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

I stay here at least once each year. Front desk is superb. Always friendly and accomodating. Great price. Very clean, basic hotel. Feel safe no matter what hours we keep. Convenient location, near Meijers, freeway, downtown Rochester, restaurants and shopping.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
RedRoof191, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit- Auburn Hills/Rochester Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your stay. I will share your comments with the rest of the staff. We are glad our location works out well for your stays when you are in the area. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

We stayed here for one night. We found the staff helpful in giving us directions to our destination for the evening. The room was clean and you couldn't hear anything going on around us. The room did smell a bit musty and there was a long black hair in the shower when I got in. I tried to ignore it. :( The room was affordable and we'd likely try and Red Roof Inn in the future.

Room Tip: 2nd floor was easy to get to and I felt a bit safer.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
RedRoof191, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit- Auburn Hills/Rochester Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your stay. I will share your comments with the rest of the staff. I am glad our room worked out for you. I apologize for the issues you had in your room and have reviewed these items with Housekeeping. We thank you again for staying with us and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 July 2016

I have stayed at this Red Roof many times and would always go back. Quiet location away from the road. Renovated rooms are all good. Staff are extremely pleasant and remember you from stay to stay. Rooms have microwave and fridges and are clean. Very good wi-fi. Close to Great Lakes Crossing, a Walmart and Meijer are very close.

Room Tip: Back side of back building faces wooded area/pond and is quietest.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your stay. We are glad that you enjoy your visits when you are with us. I will share your comments with the rest of the team. We look forward to haveing you staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester Hills
0.6 km away
Days Inn & Suites Rochester Hills MI
Days Inn & Suites Rochester Hill...
#3 of 4 in Rochester Hills
6.6 km away
Quality Inn Auburn Hills
Quality Inn Auburn Hills
#4 of 19 in Auburn Hills
2.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Detroit North-Rochester Hills
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Det...
#1 of 4 in Rochester Hills
12.5 km away
Red Roof Inn & Suites - Lake Orion/Auburn Hills
9.6 km away
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Troy MI

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit- Auburn Hills/Rochester Hills? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK