“Good Food”
Review of Rochester Bistro

Rochester Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Rochester Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 94 Restaurants in Rochester
Reviewed 1 January 2016

Four of us enjoyed a very nice dinner the 30th of December. Called in for a reservation on the 29th and they were able to accommodate us at 7:00.

We started by sharing four small plates, so got to try and enjoyed gnocchi, red wings, dates, and beef tenderloin tips. All were really good. On to the main course where two of us enjoyed the lobster tails, other entrees were pork chops and sea bass and everyone agreed that their food was delicious.

Entrees were $25-30.00 and so with starters, wine and dessert we were at $150.00 per couple, and in that price range I wanted more atmosphere. I made an effort to dress for dinner and I wanted it to FEEL a little nicer. I wasn't fond of brown paper on the tables and the overhead lighting in the atrium on the Main Street sidewalk side was much less than flattering. Perhaps it would have been a little nicer in the main bar area.

My issues are all really easy fixes for the owners, and I hope with time that the atmosphere will change just a bit, but we will certainly be back. It was such a nice change from other local restaurants where you can't carry on a conversation with your dinner companions because it is so loud and their menus never seem to change.

Reviewed 13 December 2015

Nice place. Clean, somewhat sleek. Great server and great bartender. Small plates were outstanding, even the obligatory calamari was good. Entrees were great. My wife and I both had pasta (Rigatoni with lamb and rabbit ravioli). My wife had the almond/ameretto dessert that was also very good. Unsure of other reviews saying things were overpriced. We found nothing to be overpriced.

Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

We started with the Charcuterie which was very good, we had to ask for bread though. We also had Red Wings which were very good although not as spicy as advertised. For entrees, the three of us went for the filet mignon. Cooked to order. The wait was over an hour to get our steaks. The waitress was nice and friendly. We didn't wait for desert and went some place else. We will come back to give it a second chance.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

This place is over priced for the actual food quality. My boyfriend and I decided to come here for a nicer dinner and were very disappointed. Our waitress wasn't very friendly, and she treated us like kids-we are in low to mid twenties. All of our food, appetizers and main courses, were warm, never hot. I ordered the steak-frites and asked for it medium, it was rare. My boyfriend ordered the lamb chops and they were bland and cold. Also, this place tries to be fancy, but they put paper on top of their table clothes and their waitresses/waiters wear black shirts and vests but with blue jeans! Definitely won't go back.

Reviewed 14 November 2015

Came in last week with a group of 8 people from work. First time here and we were all amazed. Phenomenal job Rochester Bistro! My group came in and started with a few bottles of wine and appetizers. We got the calamari, hot peppers & sausage, Gnocchi app, and a couple meet & cheese platters. Everything’s was great. We then got some French onion soup which was warm and rich. For dinner we all had filets and lamb chops. Omg these lambs chops our my new favorite. They come with a burnt lemon that I squeezed all over the meet and oh that was so delicious. We all loved it to say the least and I will definitely be back with more friends. Well done!

1  Thank Eliza R