“Comfort Food!”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Pizza
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Cold December nights require some comfort food! My family had a excellent server who promptly brought Mac and cheese, goulash, and jambalaya to our table ! It was 1hr and 30 minutes wait for a table, so we walked around downtown Rochester and enjoyed the lights! Great staycation evening!

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Headed here for New Year's Eve as we also took in Rochester's amazing winter light show.

Had a few problems getting a table. Phoned in the morning and was told there were not taking reservations, but that we could phone closer to our desired time and get a wait time. So I did. Then I was told No, you have to come and wait. So, we went.

I dropped my wife off, parked, and went in. She told me they said it was a 35 to 40 minute wait. I looked around to see numerous empty tables. So, I went up. No, I had tried to make a reservation but was told I couldn't. I'd phoned to get on the list and was told I couldn't. I showed up and was told there was up to a 40 minute wait yet there were lots of empty tables? They managed to find us a very nice table within 2 minutes. I know NYE can be problematic for establishments but get it together folks - MANAGEMENT.

Our server was great. He really worked hard to suggest beer samples for both my wife and I. And there was a nice variety of Pilseners and Alex, from wheat beers to Porters to light lagers to a red velvet chocolate sample that tasted just like the cake.

Louisiana Jumbalaya was quite good. Needed a little more hot sauce but was packed with sausage and chicken in a rich tomato sauce. Liked the accompanying garlic cheese flatbread but it needed a side plate.

My wife's cod and chips was ample. Cod was very tender with a light, crispy batter. Chips were a little thin but were very crispy and nicely flavoured.

It is a large setting with an area for a band. It was nice because the music did not overpower where we were seated.

There were also 5 pool tables down the centre of the large area. A lot of fun could be had here.

So, outside of the booking issue, this place gets a thumbs up.

1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 28 December 2017

My wife and I met another couple here thinking it would be a nice place for mid afternoon lunch. I was disappointed from the start. The hostess was nowhere to be found with people waiting to be seated. Once we were seated we need time to review the menu and informed the waitress to give us 15 minutes, she rolled her eyes like she was put out then came back three times in the next ten minutes to see if we wanted to order. I ordered the Dagwood, which is a half pound burger with bacon, Canadian bacon and onion ring, The burger I received was not 1/2 pound, the bun was cold and the Canadian bacon was cold like they just pulled and sliced it from the fridge. I also had their crafted Cornerstone pale ale which was not a pale ale at all but a dark bitter who knows what. I didn't bother to complain because I knew I wasn't going back. This was an overpriced dump. Find a better choice.

1  Thank mktmaven52
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Good food and beer. Love the beer bread bowl, filled with beer cheese soup! If you like to shoot pool, there are 4 tables in the center of the restaurant. Good for couples and families.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

The beers here are great. Food is above average. We’ve been to the Mills for Mother’s Day brunch a few times , and have eaten there many times over the years. The service, beer and food remain consistently good. In the summer there is an outdoor seating area, which is pleasant. Great local vibe. Band nights can be overwhelmingly noisy, tends to be a a younger louder clientele. Other nights are comfortable and fun.

Date of visit: July 2017